Complaint about defensive scheme

blueblood70

Reaction score
What if we change our defensive scheme and technique when there are no OTA’s, no preseason, a very limited training camp and we don’t bring in new players or draft players that will fit our new scheme? Great Idea coaches.
this is an old narrative , Nolans been trying since week 3 to make adjustments and help the inept players with a more straight forward approach and its starting to improve some..you have to give it time but players missing tackles, being out of postion over pursuing , making arm tackles, not giving enough effort and add offensive TOs, crazy play calls by the ST coaches etc etc all lead to a lot of extra yards and points given up by the defense..

its on the damn players!! we are 2-3 because of all 4 phases making mistakes, the defense maybe the worst unit but they arent the sole reason for being 2-3 that i know is fact

offense, defense, STs, and coaching.. all have been issues from game to game..

75boyz

Reaction score
we are not a 4-3, nor a 3-4, I think we are a 3.5-3.5, caught in the middle of nowhere and looking like incompetent fools.

Agree. Last week was my measure the defense gage against the weakest offense they will face. They failed miserably.
I do not anticipate massive changes or improvements from here on out.

This Cowboys season will be a continuation of the NFL's version of Big 12 ball where fast paced passing scores, defense being optional and to have the ball last in a 40 point or more shootout is the central strategy.

It is what it is.

Bottom line though, its still no trophy.

Not even close. So prepare yourselves for more now. And years more after.

Go Cowboys

CooterBrown

Reaction score
I think Tony Romo had it exactly correct. Players are seeing too much and trying to do too much instead of just doing their own job. They are over-reacting to misdirection and trying to make the big play instead of just trusting what their eyes are telling them to do. That and poor communication within a mix-and-match defensive back group. I think every DB they had was in the game at one point or another. Steven Parker even played some. Hard to establish smooth communication when the guy you are communicating with is different on every snap. I get the injury excuse, but it should be the "next man up" not the "next men up."

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What if we change our defensive scheme and technique when there are no OTA’s, no preseason, a very limited training camp and we don’t bring in new players or draft players that will fit our new scheme? Great Idea coaches.

But they did bring in players they wanted in free agency and the draft. They were a huge part of bringing in guys like Smith, McCoy, Poe, Clinton Dix, etc plus all the guys we drafted.

Cebrin

Reaction score
My issue isnt execution my issue is they dont even line up properly.....

that’s inexcusable
I've been preaching it. Safeties have been the worst, but corners not much better. The back has zero cohesion.
It's week 6, and needs to change. I don't expect it to get better against the Cardinals. If you play too much man coverage, you'll make running easy. Especially with the roadkill we've had in the middle of that defense.