Complete 1st round mock

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good job on the mock. I'm never going to agree on every pick but this is well thought out.

I have been reading some slightly negative buzz on Blackmon. Crowning him the best of a very mediocre group of receivers.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
wittenacious;4504717 said:
Fair enough. My shock overcame my attention span. I guess I can see where some teams may have a 2nd Round grade on him. My apologies.

He's definitely a 1st round pick, we can all agree on that for sure. Could he go #6 to STL? Absolutely. This is a pretty deep WR class though.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Risen Star;4504727 said:
Good job on the mock. I'm never going to agree on every pick but this is well thought out.

I have been reading some slightly negative buzz on Blackmon. Crowning him the best of a very mediocre group of receivers.

Maybe the few things we will agree on but his long stride hampers his route running ability. Doesn't have short area separation so against NFL corners he may struggle.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Risen Star;4504727 said:

Appreciate it, sir!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bluestang;4504736 said:
Maybe the few things we will agree on but his long stride hampers his route running ability. Doesn't have short area separation so against NFL corners he may struggle.

These were reports I've read. My own take on Blackmon is he's worthy of a top 15 pick on his own merit, not just because this is a down year for WRs.

wittenacious

Reaction score
TheSport78;4504729 said:
He's definitely a 1st round pick, we can all agree on that for sure. Could he go #6 to STL? Absolutely. This is a pretty deep WR class though.
Why couldn't I have just read this post first? Totally agree with everything said in it. :)

And I was never even concerned about where Justin Blackmon went, prior to this thread, knowing he's not a 1st Round need for the Cowboys, nor is he likely even on our radar. The Cowboys know who he is, sure ... but thinking about drafting him? No. Don't see that at all. Moving on ...

Bluestang

Reaction score
Risen Star;4504739 said:
These were reports I've read. My own take on Blackmon is he's worthy of a top 15 pick on his own merit, not just because this is a down year for WRs.

If Michael Floyd didn't have the mutliple alcohol incidents he should be a serious consideration for the #1 WR prospect. Like Blackmon he is strider but his route running is a little bit more polished. Floyd has the and speed that you look for in a #1 but the character concerns are legitimate.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4504421 said:
0% chance Blackmon falls that far. He's going in the top 7

Really...and there is a chance that two receivers will go top fourteen. That would push both Coples and DeCastro to Dallas.

CCBoy

Reaction score
wittenacious;4504664 said:
Okay, my crystal ball may be slightly cloudy. I'll allow that there's a chance Justin Blackmon could still be on the board after the #7 pick, assuming the Rams pass on him w/ their #6 pick ... the Jags pass on him w/ their #7 pick ... and if the Dolphins pass on Blackmon w/ their #8 pick.

But a 2nd Round draft prospect? No way, no how. Like I said, I hope Dallas grabs him at #14 if he's still on the board, and I don't see any way we need to add a 1st Round WR to the team. Too many others draft prospect I think we could make better use of.

Blackmon's better than a WR2, as is suddenly being discussed. Where did this late scouting downgrade talk come from? Maybe he's no A.J. Green or Julio Jones — debatable but okay, fair discussion — but I still say JB's the consensus #1 WR in the 2012 Draft, w/ plenty of upside.

Oh, he's in that trio as considerations go...might not be best, but in the group you mention.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
dantheman41;4504580 said:
Your viewpoint of Blackmon is shared by not many these days. Maybe Mel Kiper and McShay say these things. There's NO way he is getting picked top 6. What would be the point of Cowboys taking Blackmon? He'd be 3rd best receiver on team

So would of you been ok with spending 2.5 mil per year for Robinson, if he would have taken it?

Is Blackmon better than Robinson? Does he have more potential?

I'm suprised that the "make the offense elite" crowd wouldn't be all over this move.

The new rookie wage scale really does change the perspective some. Especially drafting guys that are considered elite positions. It is much less financially impactfull.

Thats why even adding a guy like Richardson, if he falls, wouldn't be such a bad idea. Not saying I'd do it, but there is far less risk and far less urgency on having to start a player because of a huge contract impact.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Risen Star;4504739 said:
I'm thinking you mean it's a down year for very top end WRs.

The overall group of WRs looks pretty solid, imo.