Complete offseason

basstapp

Reaction score
I like very thing but cutting church and keeping Wilcox. Church tackles people.... Wilcox hits air on every tackle, takes poor angles, has terrible hands and is never in proper position. I cut Wilcox and make church a back up safety, lb, special teams player.

cds99

Reaction score
Manziel, manziel, are you kidding me Manziel. That dude sucks, just watch him. Take Goff if he is available. Manziel? Lord have mercy mang.

tm1119

Reaction score
I don't like Goff. He has a windup when he throws and he throws moon shots. I know Manziel has issues but I think he can win. I know Jerry likes him too so I am keeping it real.
The secondary is my main focus. I am sick of giving up 1st downs on 3rd and 15 and never getting interceptions. Plus I know a better secondary will show how effective our rushmen really are.(and I expect the rushmen to be better next year thanks to Gregory and DLAW having more experience.

I addressed all of the positions you mentioned.
Vernon Butler DT - Check him out. He is pretty damn good.
Braxton Miller WR - Check him out. He is awesome
Eric Striker LB - Plus I re-signed Rolando Mcclain.

Stats don't back up anything you are saying though. We are near the bottom of the league in sacks and qb pressure, but near the top in least passing yards allowed. I think you're letting a few noticeable plays here and there slant your view. In a league where WR's/TE's are slowly turning into giant freaks of nature and it's a penalty to even lay a finger on them before the pass or hit them after the catch it's pretty misguided to invest so much in the secondary in my opinion. Get after the QB quickly and the secondary will take care of it's self as long as you don't have complete trash out there.

Get rid of Carr for a better Vet FA....good move
Move Byron to FS permanently...good move
Draft a rookie CB in the 2nd...perfectly fine

Anything else is overkill for me, especially with Scandrick coming back.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I like very thing but cutting church and keeping Wilcox. Church tackles people.... Wilcox hits air on every tackle, takes poor angles, has terrible hands and is never in proper position. I cut Wilcox and make church a back up safety, lb, special teams player.

Wilcox was kept because he costs next to nothing and he is a decent special teams player. Church is going to make 3.25 mil in 2016 and cutting him would save 2.75 mil against the cap.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Stats don't back up anything you are saying though. We are near the bottom of the league in sacks and qb pressure, but near the top in least passing yards allowed. I think you're letting a few noticeable plays here and there slant your view. In a league where WR's/TE's are slowly turning into giant freaks of nature and it's a penalty to even lay a finger on them before the pass or hit them after the catch it's pretty misguided to invest so much in the secondary in my opinion. Get after the QB quickly and the secondary will take care of it's self as long as you don't have complete trash out there.

Get rid of Carr for a better Vet FA....good move
Move Byron to FS permanently...good move
Draft a rookie CB in the 2nd...perfectly fine

Anything else is overkill for me, especially with Scandrick coming back.

Who would you want at SS? Church or Wilcox? Neither one can catch a ball and both are horrible in coverage.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Manziel, manziel, are you kidding me Manziel. That dude sucks, just watch him. Take Goff if he is available. Manziel? Lord have mercy mang.

I have watched him. He is developing nicely considering the crap team he is on. Fantastic pocket presence. One of those guys that can feel where the pressure is coming from and moves around nicely. He even has his one version of the Romodini 180 degreee spin and escape that allows receivers to get down field and make big plays. Plus when the pocket breaks down he can pick up first downs with his legs and man do we need a back up qb that can extend drives that way.

Watch this play at the 1:27 mark. Can you imagine Cassel or Weeden doing this?

ghst187

Reaction score
OMG would absolutely take that offseason with one minor tweak, I think we need a better #2 WR. I'd love to grab either Mike Williams (who would've been a RD 1 pick easily had he not gotten injured) or Sterling Shephard (There's also Pharaoh who has the speed) and a few of interest in FA (Benjamin, Ruben Randle, and Alshon are scheduled to be FAs).
Also with a late pick or UDFA I'd grab CB Kevin Peterson from OK State, dude can play and will catch on somewhere I think although his strength is man to man.
I like what you did along the OL and totally agree, as rough a season as Free has had we still need him for his experience and he's good enough that it will force the rookie to outplay him to win the starting nod.
I'd love to go get DT Wilkerson in FA and just get nasty in the trenches but I actually like Irving a lot going into next season and your DT pick is good.
Overall Killer, you can see by my sig how much I'd like that offseason.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
OMG would absolutely take that offseason with one minor tweak, I think we need a better #2 WR. I'd love to grab either Mike Williams (who would've been a RD 1 pick easily had he not gotten injured) or Sterling Shephard (There's also Pharaoh who has the speed) and a few of interest in FA (Benjamin, Ruben Randle, and Alshon are scheduled to be FAs).
Also with a late pick or UDFA I'd grab CB Kevin Peterson from OK State, dude can play and will catch on somewhere I think although his strength is man to man.
I like what you did along the OL and totally agree, as rough a season as Free has had we still need him for his experience and he's good enough that it will force the rookie to outplay him to win the starting nod.
I'd love to go get DT Wilkerson in FA and just get nasty in the trenches but I actually like Irving a lot going into next season and your DT pick is good.
Overall Killer, you can see by my sig how much I'd like that offseason.

I love your mock. You also took Braxton Miller. You don't think he could be a no 2? The truth is I would like to cut Free and save some money but without knowing what we have in Chaz Green I just couldn't do it. I think we have to keep Free one more year. I like Danian Thompson a lot too. I just think Byron Jones will make a better FS than CB and I don't know if Darian could play SS. The upside to having a horrible year is this should be the most exciting draft in a long time. As long was we don't win either of these last two games or worse, Both. Who would you be looking at in FA?

ghst187

Reaction score
I love your mock. You also took Braxton Miller. You don't think he could be a no 2? The truth is I would like to cut Free and save some money but without knowing what we have in Chaz Green I just couldn't do it. I think we have to keep Free one more year. I like Danian Thompson a lot too. I just think Byron Jones will make a better FS than CB and I don't know if Darian could play SS. The upside to having a horrible year is this should be the most exciting draft in a long time. As long was we don't win either of these last two games or worse, Both. Who would you be looking at in FA?

I think it will take Miller more than one year to turn into a solid #2 but he could def contribute right away, although I think our FO will plan to stick with Lucky. I think Miller would return kicks right away and if Linehan is worth anything, he'd find ways to get Miller the ball as he's electric. However, I don't see him being a true #2 anytime soon.
The Darian pick def hinges on what we do with Jones. If he's going to FS then your pick would make a lot of sense or Cash from Duke. I agree that I think Jones will be an okay CB but could be a really good FS.
As for FAs, I'm going hard after DBs, Gipson, Berry, Weddle, Janoris Jenkins, anyone that has more INTs than our guys (like 1). I totally agree with your plan as far as our own FAs.
Other than DBs, I'm checking asking prices of guys at DT like Sammie Lee Hill, Wilkerson (probably too much $), Nick Fairly and I'm also checking asking prices of WRs like Travis Benjamin, Alshon Jeffrey and possibly Randle.
I'd be interested in Manziel, was when he fell to us and I'm still intrigued, although I like some of the guys in this draft, Wentz, Lynch, Goff and possibly even the Western Kentucky kid.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan, but Kevin Hogan would be a huge value pick. He has the ability and athleticism. He is very intelligent and runs a pro style offense. He could learn the pro game for a year or two sitting behind Romo. Plus, by taking Hogan in the 6th....we get a steal and we also save high draft picks for the secondary, linemen, RB, and WR.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I don't like Goff. He has a windup when he throws and he throws moon shots. I know Manziel has issues but I think he can win. I know Jerry likes him too so I am keeping it real.
The secondary is my main focus. I am sick of giving up 1st downs on 3rd and 15 and never getting interceptions. Plus I know a better secondary will show how effective our rushmen really are.(and I expect the rushmen to be better next year thanks to Gregory and DLAW having more experience.

I addressed all of the positions you mentioned.
Vernon Butler DT - Check him out. He is pretty damn good.
Braxton Miller WR - Check him out. He is awesome
Eric Striker LB - Plus I re-signed Rolando Mcclain.

I see a slight windup but its easily fixable and i still like how quickly he gets the ball out quickly and actually goes through progressions. Manziel has more flaws in his throwing motion in case you forgot.plus he is 6-4 and get bigger and stronger sitting 2 years behind Romo.I wouldnt pass on Goff or Lynch and certainly dont want the Manziel circus here.