Completely useless facts (Just for Fun)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Spiral staircases in medieval castles run clockwise. This is because all knights used to be right-handed. When the intruding army would climb the stairs, they would not be able to use their right hand, which was holding the sword, because of the difficulties of climbing the stairs. Left-handed knights would have had no trouble, except left-handed people could never become knights because they were assumed to be descendants of the devil.

I guess I'm a descendant of the devil.
I just heard this a weeks ago on a show I was half watching. It was all about the evolution of castle building...Maybe it was a video here in CZ?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lightning strikes the same spot twice all the time, the idiom that it doesn’t is entirely untrue.

The Empire State Building gets hit by lightning as many as 100 times a year, despite the infrequency of electric storms in NYC.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have another great stat about that!

Because a cheetah is so skinny and light weight relative to all ungulates (or large cats for that matter), they can corner at high speeds better than any of the prey they hunt!

The secret? They use their abnormally large tail as a rudder. Check this out:

Cheetah-turns-tail.gif

And then with that little trick, he can outplay any maneuver the gazelle attempts, even at over 60 MPH:

U5GV5T.gif
Yeah, but why do they drink mountain dew?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I always cross my left arm over my right, and no, I'm not a lefty.

I can tell you, without getting out my chair, that I usually start walking with my left foot. I also jump using my left foot to push off, but kick with my right.

I can wipe my butt with either hand...but not with my foot.
:lmao2::thumbup:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
The "dot" over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
(I had to read that twice to make sure it wasn't what I thought it was at first Lol)
Funny you should say that. I'll be careful here. It's between "Tiny" and "Little". Which bring me to this one.

It does mean exactly that. No kidding.

rags747

Reaction score
I always cross my left arm over my right, and no, I'm not a lefty.

I can tell you, without getting out my chair, that I usually start walking with my left foot. I also jump using my left foot to push off, but kick with my right.

I can wipe my butt with either hand...but not with my foot.
That last special talent is one that I have never developed! Always the same boring right hand.