Confidence level with Guyton at LT

How confident are you in Guyton playing LT in 2024

• Total voters

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I only went with “Not Very Confident” cuz the question was framed for 2024. Hoping he’s a guy that makes significant strides from year one to two.

The Cowboys will find themselves in the unfamiliar territory of needing to provide help on that left side. Tyron will be missed.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I only went with “Not Very Confident” cuz the question was framed for 2024. Hoping he’s a guy that makes significant strides from year one to two.

The Cowboys will find themselves in the unfamiliar territory of needing to provide help on that left side. Tyron will be missed.
And thats exactly what the angle Im looking for

I went "somewhat confident" Tyler was lessed polished but he was adequate at LT( not particularly good, but ruinous like Knight in 2020). I think you can get that level from Guyton

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
And thats exactly what the angle Im looking for

I went "somewhat confident" Tyler was lessed polished but he was adequate at LT( not particularly good, but ruinous like Knight in 2020). I think you can get that level from Guyton
If there is a positive for Guyton, and Dak, it’s that his pass blocking is better than his run blocking. Not sure if that’s the best perspective to take, but personally I like my blindside protectors strength to be in pass sets.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I was a little surprised Morgan was picked in front of Guyton. I liked Morgan's experience on the left side.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Something I saw elsewhere was pointing out that Oklahoma's QB is a lefty, so Guyton starting at RT did make him a blindside protector. The same thing happened when Tyron Smith was drafted. Does that mean Guyton will be the next Tyron Smith? Probably not. Just saying it could work, but to expect growing pains.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Guyton has great athleticism and plays with a nasty streak, he will be the starter in 2024 and be just fine, the left side side will be dominant.
Whoever started the we don't like Guyton on the board is probably the same guy who said Tyler Smith was a bust.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
More confident than when they picked Tyler Smith.
After listening to Tyler Smith, I heard an extremely bright young man. I was confident he'd listen, take instruction well, and blossom quickly into a good OL. I don't hear that in Guyton, but hope the coaches can get his head on straight. If they can, he'll be a beast.

Carter

Reaction score
They Pick will look much worse when Jerry picks our extra third to move up to the 2nd to pick the one legged RB

morasp

Reaction score
After listening to Tyler Smith, I heard an extremely bright young man. I was confident he'd listen, take instruction well, and blossom quickly into a good OL. I don't hear that in Guyton, but hope the coaches can get his head on straight. If they can, he'll be a beast.
We really don't know how his interview went the the team. The one thing I've heard is he can be hot and cold like Cooper. His Senior Bowl was hot. We'll have to see if they can get the consistency from him. Dane had him 18th overall and Lance had him 24th so it was a good value pick.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'm going by Sooner homers on the radio, scouting reports, and a few clips I've heard. Tyler Smith has a brilliant mind.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Tackles are usually not great year 1. Year 2 is usually when guys make the leap, if they are going to.