Confidence level with Guyton at LT

How confident are you in Guyton playing LT in 2024

• Total voters

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He will be taking reps at the Left Tackle for the entire offseason. He reportedly had his struggles playing on the left side at the Senior Bowl and was moved in college after 1 game to the right side. This transition takes time, it all about reprogramming himself to doing everything the opposite way. Expect growing pains, but I am expecting him to be our day 1 starter at the position.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He’ll be serviceable but have ups and downs like every rookie.

John813

Reaction score
somewhat purely due to how Dallas in the past has drafted OL in the first.

Tyler Smith for what he went through was a "success" in my book as a rookie, so if Guyton can match that, it would be a win

Malhavoc

Reaction score
More confident than when they picked Tyler Smith.
And I actually liked the Tyler Smith pick. This team was 12-5 with Tyler at LT as a rookie. He had some usual rookie struggles and Guyton will see the same. But I do think you will ultimately see flashes of the player that he could potentially become.

Carson

Reaction score
I hated the pick before it went down.

He should excel playing next to Tyler Smith. He will get help from Schoonmaker and Fergy. Also Dak getting rid of the ball quickly is beneficial.

Sydla

Reaction score
Guyton clearly has tools. He might be the most physically gift OT in the draft along with Alt, Latham and Fashanu.

That being said, I voted not very confident because I don't think Solari is very good. And that first year for Guyton is going to be important for his development.