Congatulations to the Commanders ...and Condolences to the Cowboys

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
First, congratulations to the Commanders fans (e.g., SaT), and condolences to th Cowboys. We had those Commanders sweating for a little while. This Eagles fan realizes that neither team hates us any more or less than before, but to me, it didn't look like the Eagles "rolled-over" for the Skins.

It's tough playing half of the regular season without playmakers or even your 1st team! It will be interesting in 2006 when a healthy Eagles team steps onto the filed (e.g., D-Nabb, Westbrook, Pinkston, Buckhaulter/Parry, Fraley, and Sheppard) and the rest of our first string players return.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm also an NFCE fan! I'd like to see either the G-men or the Skins take it all! I realize that scenario may not unflold, but it won't be because of my not wishing that it will happen.

Good Hunting in 2006!:rolleyes:

1fisher

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
First, congratulations to the Commanders fans (e.g., SaT), and condolences to th Cowboys. We had those Commanders sweating for a little while. This Eagles fan realizes that neither team hates us any more or less than before, but to me, it didn't look like the Eagles "rolled-over" for the Skins.

It's tough playing half of the regular season without playmakers or even your 1st team! It will be interesting in 2006 when a healthy Eagles team steps onto the filed (e.g., D-Nabb, Westbrook, Pinkston, Buckhaulter/Parry, Fraley, and Sheppard) and the rest of our first string players return.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm also an NFCE fan! I'd like to see either the G-men or the Skins take it all! I realize that scenario may not unflold, but it won't be because of my not wishing that it will happen.

I was sitting in Texas stadium watching eagles/skins on the big screen..... Thought the eagles had a chance until Detmer lost the ball.... :bang2: :bang2:

I will be surprised if either of those teams make it very far.

:starspin :star: :starspin

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

I never understood this thinking?

I could never ever ever root for the Commanders especially to be successful, I dont care if they are in our same division or not.

I dont hate the Giants like I despise the Skins, but I could never wish any happiness on them...unless I was rooting for a particularly aged player to win a Ring before retirement, like Strahan, the Houston Native.

I hope they both get blowed out in their first game.

To me, that is like an Aggie rooting for the Longhorns Wednsday night...just totally unacceptable...

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
There's no reason to congratulate Washington for anything on this board.
The only people reading it are Cowboys fans.

Thanks for squeezing lemon juice into an open bleeding wound.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
There's no reason congratulate Washington for anything on this board.
Only Cowboys fans are reading it.

Here's two thumbs up for that...

fonzthumbsupbw.jpg

silver

Reaction score
i knew we didn't have a chance when mcmahon was benched and detmer came in. detmer looks like a flag football qb. no arm whatsoever. his longest pass attempt traveled 10 yards

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
To me, that is like an Aggie rooting for the Longhorns Wednsday night...just totally unacceptable...
Exactly! I would stick needles in my eyes before I ever rooted for the Aggies, Sooners, Commanders, Eagles, or Giants. I could care less if there in my conference or division.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I never understood this thinking?

I could never ever ever root for the Commanders especially to be successful, I dont care if they are in our same division or not.

I dont hate the Giants like I despise the Skins, but I could never wish any happiness on them...unless I was rooting for a particularly aged player to win a Ring before retirement, like Strahan, the Houston Native.

I hope they both get blowed out in their first game.

Here's an attempt at explaining the Mentality of rooting for a rival team to win ...

Obviously the situation that recently placed the Eagles right in the middle of a win/loss playoff birth for Dallas/Commanders

But the other situation is when there's nothing more your could do for your team, than root for your division to represent you in the NFL standings. If you can't see that, then I truly don't understand what you're saying. But I do know that not everyone feels the way you do about NFCE opponents in their bid for the "Big Game." Hell, I'd root for the Cowboys to win the SB if they ever make the playoffs!:rolleyes:

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Here's an attempt at explaining the Mentality of rooting for a rival team to win ...

Obviously the situation that recently placed the Eagles right in the middle of a win/loss playoff birth for Dallas/Commanders

But the other situation is when there's nothing more your could do for your team, than root for your division to represent you in the NFL standings. If you can't see that, then I truly don't understand what you're saying. But I do know that not everyone feels the way you do about NFCE opponents in their bid for the "Big Game." Hell, I'd root for the Cowboys to win the SB if they ever make the playoffs!:rolleyes:

Can you finish a post without that smiley?

I have never heard of any fan from any sport cheering for thier rival. Doesnt make any sense at all.

MS17

Reaction score
Philadelphia definitely gave it a go Sunday and we should appreciate the effort, contrasted with that pathetic mailed in display the Atlanta Falcons put up. I realize those were meaningless games for the home teams, but come on, be men. Same goes for Dallas.
Sour grapes, here. I'll definitely be pulling for any team the Commanders and their pint-sized owner play. Enjoy the last 6 days of your season, Washington.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
it actually used to be taught as "sportsmanship" to root for the team that
beat you out .
it also can be thought of as "validation" of your teams worth if the team
that beat you goes on to be champion.
i am not saying i think like that....just trying to explain the thinking .
i have never been accused of being a "good sport ".

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

Totally different situation. You guys were not a threat to win anything big, but just to finish strong and help us into the playoffs.

Phoenix-Talon said:

Nope. I dont care about the well-being of any of our East-Coast Rivals, never have never will.

I could only root for them if there is a player I like that is old and I would like to see get a ring, like Michael Strahan.

I do not like the Eagles, Giants, or Skins and I hope the Giants and Skins get blowed out in their first game.

I have met many a Eagles fan, and I can tell you most would NEVER EVER root for the Cowboys...in fact, I have never heard one say they would.

- Mike G.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
poke said:
it actually used to be taught as "sportsmanship" to root for the team that
beat you out .
it also can be thought of as "validation" of your teams worth if the team
that beat you goes on to be champion.
i am not saying i think like that....just trying to explain the thinking .
i have never been accused of being a "good sport ".

You are thinking correctly. It's not easy to root for a team that beat you. I Believe it takes a special type of fan to step up and support a rival within your own division when your primary team cannot represent you in the playoffs.

Hence, "good sportsmanship" lives!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
, it didn't look like the Eagles "rolled-over" for the Skins.
Yea, right, 5 turnovers, and then put Detmer in.

The Skins sucked, but the Iggles were in a giving mood.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
BAZ said:
Can you finish a post without that smiley?

I have never heard of any fan from any sport cheering for thier rival. Doesnt make any sense at all.

I know right...

Pretty funny

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Yea, right, 5 turnovers, and then put Detmer in.

The Skins sucked, but the Iggles were in a giving mood.

Let's take your presumptions even a step further ...

Yea, right, a second-string QB, third-string rbs, rookie WRs, and 2nd string Center, and secondary. The Commanders played their 1st string everything!

Yea we rolled Over because we let the Skins win!:rolleyes:

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
At least the Eagles showed up and put up a fight which is more then you can say about Atlanta.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Thanks for the Congrats.

The Beast will be back to form next season with a healthy Eagles team, and another year for Dallas' young D, another year for Mannings development, hopefully the Commanders will continue to be competitive as well.

As far as these guys rooting for the Giants, Commanders, or Eagles, I dont see it happening. I sure dont root for any NFCE teams (besides the Commanders) to win any more rings.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I would go for seattle if i have to but the skins over my dead body would i want them to win..to tell u the truth i would be watching Hockey from now on
Go Red Wings

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

No disrespect, and I know you're a good guy on our boards and all, but I hope that the deadskins and the philthy teams rot at the bottom of the ocean for centuries to come.

I think that your 2 teams got together and decided to both screw the boys. You guys got a better draft pick and the deadskins got into the playoffs. Why pull QB's when he was doing fairly good?

No love from me..