Congrats Spurs

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
That "charge" was a bad call. If you watch Horry moves hit foot. Doesn't matter now though.

BIGGEST play of the game- Bowens block on Billups 3. It was a 5 pt game at the time.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Muhast said:
That "charge" was a bad call. If you watch Horry moves hit foot. Doesn't matter now though.

BIGGEST play of the game- Bowens block on Billups 3. It was a 5 pt game at the time.
Lots of bad calls, but that's what happens when the refs want to be control freaks.

calico

Reaction score
Congrats Spurs..even though I hate your *****. I just cannot cheer for SA no matter what.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Muhast said:

They gave Ben Wallace a charge earlier in the game when it should have been a foul on him. Evened out I guess.

Parcells

Reaction score
Great Game 7 for the League and Classic for the SPURS i guess now there a DYNASTY!! GO SPURS GO!! :bow:

jamez25

Reaction score
Parcells said:
Great Game 7 for the League and Classic for the SPURS i guess now there a DYNASTY!! GO SPURS GO!! :bow:
it was a boring game 7....give me the ole Laker/Celtics clashes in the 80's anytime...

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Billups was shut down. Thats a major component in this win.

Good series, not great. Remember there were only 3 close games with 4 blow outs(2 for each)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Muhast said:
Billups was shut down. Thats a major component in this win.

Good series, not great. Remember there were only 3 close games with 4 blow outs(2 for each)

In those old Celtics and Lakers matchups that are touted as the best of all time many of those consisted of one team scorching the others only to have the other squad come in and pummel the other.

They also didnt go seven games.

Bottom line is that you saw some great team basketball with compelling heroes in those last 3 games that people will remember.

Horry in game 5, Billups in game 6 and finally Duncans vindication in game 7.

Also not to be forgotten is that Tim Duncan now guarranteed that if he were to retire today he would be a first ballot Hall of Fame and Popovich can now be considered with the other top coaches of all time.

Not only was this great basketball but history was made today.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
calico said:
Congrats Spurs..even though I hate your *****. I just cannot cheer for SA no matter what.

Being from Austin, you might as well get used to it. ;) I've seen urban prediction models for Texas, and one day, Austin/San Antonio will look like DFW. I-35 will have no grassland in between. You know ya wanna be a Spurs fan.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
In those old Celtics and Lakers matchups that are touted as the best of all time many of those consisted of one team scorching the others only to have the other squad come in and pummel the other.

They also didnt go seven games.

Bottom line is that you saw some great team basketball with compelling heroes in those last 3 games that people will remember.

Horry in game 5, Billups in game 6 and finally Duncans vindication in game 7.

Also not to be forgotten is that Tim Duncan now guarranteed that if he were to retire today he would be a first ballot Hall of Fame and Popovich can now be considered with the other top coaches of all time.

Not only was this great basketball but history was made today.

Duncan AND Pop just sealed Hall of Fame ballots. Hopefully, Manu makes a nice long career too, but he'll have to put up some big numbers quickly because he's already 27. I think Tony Parker has a better chance for HOF than Manu, even though Ginobilli is the better player. Parker is only 22 I believe. Maybe Manu can win some more titles and get in like Scottie Pippen will. If it was up to me, Horry would be a Hall of Famer, but they don't reward role players. That man has a more illustrious playoff career than 99% of the Hall of Famers.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Duncan AND Pop just sealed Hall of Fame ballots. Hopefully, Manu makes a nice long career too, but he'll have to put up some big numbers quickly because he's already 27. I think Tony Parker has a better chance for HOF than Manu, even though Ginobilli is the better player. Parker is only 22 I believe. Maybe Manu can win some more titles and get in like Scottie Pippen will. If it was up to me, Horry would be a Hall of Famer, but they don't reward role players. That man has a more illustrious playoff career than 99% of the Hall of Famers.

Well said. Houston gave up on Horry way too early.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
NBA Basketball= waste of time...

honestly I used to love the game, but the past 10 years or so the quality of play has been reduced to garbage...the players suck, the officiating sux, basically its something I dont even watch...didnt watch one single post season game this yr...cant remember watching any last yr either...

it was an awesome game in the 80's and early 90's, but its crap now

David

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I'm the biggest Pistons fan there is. Congrats to the Spurs. :(

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Congrats to the Spurs and to Tim Duncan who answered all of his critics who surfaced in the past 48 hours.

Good thread and I agree with a lot of points ... play of the game was Bowens' block on Billups' 3.

Nice blown call by the refs in the first quarter when Rip Hamilton took about seven steps on that layup attempt. Walking apparently is not longer a violation.

But I also agree with David. The NBA just isn't what it used to be. These were two tough, hard-nosed teams but I miss the NBA that was a finesse game ... the NBA from the 1970s and early 1980s. This is not supposed to be a contact sport.

I like the Sonics and Spurs and watched a few of their games this year, but the NBA is hard for me to watch these days. I didn't even watch all of last night's game ... the Discovery Channel had a special on the RFK Assassination and before that, they had a docummentary on "Bigfoot." I was torn on what to watch. :)

Hey, and the draft is only five days away.

royhitshard

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

honestly I used to love the game, but the past 10 years or so the quality of play has been reduced to garbage...the players suck, the officiating sux, basically its something I dont even watch...didnt watch one single post season game this yr...cant remember watching any last yr either...

David
I couldn't agree more!

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
3 titles in 7 years is awesome. We as Spurs fans have been lucky to enjoy this. Any other fan in the league would GLADLY trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Enjoy this Spurs fans.....enjoy the hell out of this.....and let's do it again next year!

This never gets old....;)

SAN ANTONIO 2005 NBA CHAMPIONS!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

Statemant = ignorant.