Congrats to OU & their fans

Reaction score
Great win, Peterson's the real deal.

Terrible performance by Young. The kid would be a better receiver or RB then he would a QB I honestly believe. Benson was just mediocre.

We have company so I can't spend a lot of time here until Mon, but knew Dallas would be on me if I didn't get something in here early.

Dal, PM your worst, I'll get it up ASAP, good game, congrats to D_White too.

More later.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

Terrible performance by Young. The kid would be a better receiver or RB then he would a QB I honestly believe. Benson was just mediocre.

We have company so I can't spend a lot of time here until Mon, but knew Dallas would be on me if I didn't get something in here early.

More later.

Great post Poke. I can dig that. We all need to remember that first we are all friends here. Im glad things worked out for OU. Texas gave them ALL they could handle. Young I think is your worst enemy tho. A QB he is NOT.

Ill pm you the stuff in a few. I got a whole SOONER board working on the Sig Line. =)

Great game bro....catch you later...

TJ

TxStar61

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

More later.

What can I say - a career high today for Peterson...225 yds... And they took him out a few times!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The way Texas played today, A&M might actually have a shot this year. Awful performance today for a team who was supposedly determined to win.

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The way Texas played today, A&M might actually .... blah, blah, blah... head-rattle, head-rattle...

:confused:

Geeeeeee, WHY did I figure THIS was a load of crap!!??

HeavyHitta31 said:
Where are you sitting in the Cotton Bowl DW? And I get to go to both games!!!

Man, you sure get around for someone who just attended a FB game!

:rolleyes:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

Dude, I live like 10 minutes from the CB. See post in other thread, I left with a few minutes left to avoid traffic and got out without having to wait in line for an hour to leave. I got home in 10-15 minutes.

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Dude, I live like 10 minutes from the CB. See post in other thread, I left with a few minutes left to avoid traffic and got out without having to wait in line for an hour to leave. I got home in 10-15 minutes.

lol, I'm not sure what's funnier, that you expect ppl to believe you left Fair Park, on the BUSIEST DAY OF ATTENDANCE of the State Fair, and even made it to the I-35 entrance ramp in 15 mins, much LESS home, or that YOU'RE moronic enough to believe it!!!

Grow up kid.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
lol, I'm not sure what's funnier, that you expect ppl to believe you left Fair Park, on the BUSIEST DAY OF ATTENDANCE of the State Fair, and even made it to the I-35 entrance ramp in 15 mins, much LESS home, or that YOU'RE moronic enough to believe it!!!

Grow up kid.

I couldnt really care less whether or not you believe me, think what you want. But just know that it was raining and the fair wasnt that crowded because unless you went to the game you dont want to go to the fair in the rain, and because I left earlier than most it didnt take me long at all to get out of the park. I really cant believe Im trying to explain myself to you.....Maybe I should just wait a few hours to post every time I get home after a game, would that suit you better?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

More later.
Very classy post.

Skeptic

Reaction score
Classy.

Texas needs to fire Mack Brown and break the bank to get Spurrier.

This won't get better for you guys until it gets worse.

This rivalry is so one-sided nowadays that OU fans are getting to where Texas is a non-factor on the schedule---most people around here look at UT as a guaranteed win.

And, sadly, they're right. Even with a decent effort today, UT looked terrible---by the half it was obvious that they wouldn't be able to outlast OU.

We beat Texas in their own backyard in recruiting: Tommie Harris and Peterson come immediately to mind. Time for the alumni and the regents to get a real coach.

Here's praying it isn't Spurrier as an OU fan.

Still, classy post.

Skeptic

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

LOL.

Great sig line.

That pic is my desktop background.

At least you guys recognize the truth, even if it is to the detriment to your own team.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Skeptic said:
LOL.

Great sig line.

That pic is my desktop background.

At least you guys recognize the truth, even if it is to the detriment to your own team.

Thats not Poke recognizing anything. That is he losing a bet.

:p

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Nice post Poke.

I was really impressed with the Texas fans. Sure they showed up late (as always) but they stuck it out for the whole game... even after the last Young fumble. And they weren't surly at all after the game.

What an awesome time that game was. It might have been a little rainy, but there's nothing like RRS when it comes to atmosphere, electricity, excitement, great football. Plus with the fair and everything... there's something for everyone. My three year old slept through most of the game, but afterwards he got to see a giraffe, a zebra, and a "pig as big as a table."

As for the game... I was in awe of how great AD, even at this early stage of his college career. He was obviously the best player on the field. No one should even mention Jason White as a Heisman candidate anymore... he deserved it last year... but this year AD is the man who will make or break that team.

I thought both sides had pathetic play calling. You can't argue with handing the ball off to AD, but for the 10-12 key plays where decisions need to be made, Chuck Long has a lot of improvement to make if OU's gonna win it all. Mack Brown is such a nice guy I really wonder if he realizes what is going on around him. He doesn't seem to be cut out to be a head coach at a major program.

Both defenses were really impressive. I hope Perkins isn't out long. They'll miss him much more in their thin secondary than they will for his return skills. Although it was nice to see Chiojke make some plays.

Sorry I didn't catch up with you HeavyHitta. I can't believe you left early! You say you're an OU/ATM fan... but you're acting like a Texas fan with that kind of behavior! ;)

Anyway, fantastic game. I just wish the Cowboys would have picked up where the Sooners left off.

I'm looking forward to seeing SoTex's new signature. :D

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The way Texas played today, A&M might actually have a shot this year. Awful performance today for a team who was supposedly determined to win.

awful performance??????

i guarantee you A & M does not have the D that OU has. and we held them to TWELVE points??????

we're gonna KILL you.

congrats OU (again!)

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Congrats to OU and their fans. The entire Sooner O-line should be considered for the Heisman(s) Trophy. Peterson is one of the best backs I have seen in years. This guy is something special. He was unstoppable on Saturday.

Enjoy the victory.