Conner Williams snaps at left tackle vrs skins

sbark

Reaction score
caught comment by BTB d. Phantom that c.will got a few snaps at left tackle after Fleming dinged up late in game

From btb ....
We all remember what happened last year when Smith went down so it was a little unsettling to see him on the sideline. That meant the Cowboys started this Thanksgiving game with three reserves on the offensive line - Fleming, Xavier Su’a-Filo (making his third start), and Joe Looney (whose filled in for Travis Frederick all year). It seemed like a recipe for disaster, right? Wrong.

The offensive line did a great job. Sure, Dak Prescott was sacked four times (all in the first half), but a couple of those were coverage sacks. The running game was firing as they churned out 146 yards on the ground against a tough Commanders front. The Cowboys compiled over 400 yards of offense for only the third time this season.

And then later in the game, Fleming would exit the game with a leg injury and rookie Connor Williams stepped in at left tackle for a spell. Props to everyone for stepping up and playing well. Without solid line play, this offense would’ve been in trouble.

.....c.will must have held his own,

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I saw Williams in the game for a few snaps and he looked fine. I like Williams and I think that he will be a good player for a long time. He played like an rookie O-lineman this year. He looked great on plays, then average and was also blown-up. I get it, he is a rookie. Going into this game I just wanted Williams ready to step in in case someone went down . He did that and was fine. This team needs all of the O-lineman ready to go in in case of injury. This team can'r drop off of a cliff when a starter goes down like last season.

I think that a year in the league and an off- season of strength-and-condition will have Williams playing at even an higher level. I hope this line is great for years to come. Good for him, better for the team.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
caught comment by BTB d. Phantom that c.will got a few snaps at left tackle after Fleming dinged up late in game

From btb ....
We all remember what happened last year when Smith went down so it was a little unsettling to see him on the sideline. That meant the Cowboys started this Thanksgiving game with three reserves on the offensive line - Fleming, Xavier Su’a-Filo (making his third start), and Joe Looney (whose filled in for Travis Frederick all year). It seemed like a recipe for disaster, right? Wrong.

The offensive line did a great job. Sure, Dak Prescott was sacked four times (all in the first half), but a couple of those were coverage sacks. The running game was firing as they churned out 146 yards on the ground against a tough Commanders front. The Cowboys compiled over 400 yards of offense for only the third time this season.

And then later in the game, Fleming would exit the game with a leg injury and rookie Connor Williams stepped in at left tackle for a spell. Props to everyone for stepping up and playing well. Without solid line play, this offense would’ve been in trouble.

Flemming left with a leg injury? Meh, according to a few he was a wasted signing anyway. Who needs him? Seriously though props to all the fill ins on the O and D line. War of attrition man!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I saw Williams in the game for a few snaps and he looked fine. I like Williams and I think that he will be a good player for a long time. He played like an rookie O-lineman this year. He looked great on plays, then average and was also blown-up. I get it, he is a rookie. Going into this game I just wanted Williams ready to step in in case someone went down . He did that and was fine. This team needs all of the O-lineman ready to go in in case of injury. This team can'r drop off of a cliff when a starter goes down like last season.

I think that a year in the league and an off- season of strength-and-condition will have Williams playing at even an higher level. I hope this line is great for years to come. Good for him, better for the team.
I think he maybe better suited to the RT spot....better feet and technique than Collins. not as strong. Get collins inside and move williams outside next year

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Agree on Williams. Athletic like crazy just needs to add some weight in muscle and strength. Wouldn't mind seeing him at RT at all. We have some pieces to play with at least. Tell you what, applause to Williams, Su'a and Flemming for being ready to go. Line draft for 2019? for me yes, offensive and defensive lines

Mr_437

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of CWill going in at LT, but I do like having him as a utility backup right now. Heck, if CWill can get more reps at OT maybe Colombo can re-evaluate dudes position and have what he's best at on tape.

S/O Colombo for doing a great job with this OL.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
It's was rough sledding in pass protection in the first half. But you have to give the OL props for improving that in the second half and for their run blocking throughout the game.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#75 gave us plays like this:

colombo-vs-d-hall.gif

And now is doing a great job as the new OL coach.

Nexx

Reaction score
it wasnt conner out there it was some other guy with long hair. not sure who that is.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

From btb ....

Did not realize this. Thanks for posting.
This is good info.

sbark

Reaction score
Hopefully opens the coaches mind in looking at possibilities of positions for c.will ad online goes fwd.

Garrett always says....competition at every spot

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

From btb ....

One snap on offense for Connor Williams:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201811220dal.htm#all_vis_snap_counts

Pants

Reaction score
I read the thread title and all I thought was, since he wasn't starting, he was a little cross with the LT and yelled at him

....I digress.....