Connor Williams back at practice

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Well then. Good stuff. Did you include the overlapping games in these stats? Either way I don't think it'd make much of a difference but just curious.
So @birdwells1, what say ye regarding this since you brought that comparison up?
I included them, but if excluded the gap in yards and attempts would stay the exact same, while the gap in yards per carry would lessen, I think, since the two games(Giants & Ind) were both poor rushing days.

birdwells1

Reaction score
The entire team gave up 1 sack, to a team that only had 19 sacks on the year coming in, so congrats? Thay he didn't give up a sack in one week after getting killed last year.

My job isn't really to help you read simple stats, but just to make it clear Williams was a huge upgrade in the passing game over XSF last year. In pressures, sacks, time to throw, everything. His time to throw was 22% higher than William's than XSF, THAT'S HUGE.

Lol yes 3 is a big number when using sample sizes of 19, that's 16% more.

They aren't pretty close in pass blocking they were miles apart, it seems you are very bad at deciphering statistics.

What am I going to do about what?
I already showed you that the team gains 10nmore rushing yards per game with William's in the XSF.

Maybe stats arent your thing?? Because your response was brutal. .

XSF 107, Connor 85. You put your stats out there I rebutted them but notice that in none of my responses did I try to ridicule you in any way. Try it you'll bolster point and sound mature at the same time.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Well then. Good stuff. Did you include the overlapping games in these stats? Either way I don't think it'd make much of a difference but just curious.
So @birdwells1, what say ye regarding this since you brought that comparison up?
That its 6 in one hand a half a dozen in the other. Connor is not the reason our run game works, they have to double his man or use him pulling for him to be effective due to his small frame. I'm not propping up XSF rather I'm saying that as of now Connor is no better than an free agent guard, he only plays due to where he was drafted.
Think about this, is XSF was drafted 2nd would Connor be playing over him due to performance? Most likely not.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Trash replaces trash replaces trash. The constant cycle continues. I wonder why Joe Looney isn't getting looks at OG?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
XSF 107, Connor 85. You put your stats out there I rebutted them but notice that in none of my responses did I try to ridicule you in any way. Try it you'll bolster point and sound mature at the same time.

"Alright so I did it myself.

Turns out it wasn't 8 games vs 8 games at all, actually there were two gameswhere both XSF and Williams started the same game.
All of XSFs starts came with Cooper in the starting line up, while only three of Williams starts did.

In the games that William's started the team had:
1,193 yards on 257 Carries or 4.64 ypc, or 119.3 rushing yards per game
In the games that XSF started the team had:
933 yards on 204 carries or 4.57 ypc, or 116.6 rushing yards per game

So it turns out that the stats given were completely false.

The team averaged more yards per game and more yards per carry on the games William's started than XSF started, despite Cooper opening up the offense for the offense when XSF started."

Also noticed that your ignored every statistic given, including the percentages over in time to throw and pressures allowed.

You were wrong, it's cool.
We'll move on.

birdwells1

Reaction score
"Alright so I did it myself.

Turns out it wasn't 8 games vs 8 games at all, actually there were two gameswhere both XSF and Williams started the same game.
All of XSFs starts came with Cooper in the starting line up, while only three of Williams starts did.

In the games that William's started the team had:
1,193 yards on 257 Carries or 4.64 ypc, or 119.3 rushing yards per game
In the games that XSF started the team had:
933 yards on 204 carries or 4.57 ypc, or 116.6 rushing yards per game

So it turns out that the stats given were completely false.

The team averaged more yards per game and more yards per carry on the games William's started than XSF started, despite Cooper opening up the offense for the offense when XSF started."

Also noticed that your ignored every statistic given, including the percentages over in time to throw and pressures allowed.

You were wrong, it's cool.
We'll move on.

This article actually derides both XSF and Connor. https://thelandryhat.com/2019/11/20/dallas-cowboys-jekell-hyde-offensive-line/2/

It looks like center Travis Frederick hasn’t fully recovered from his bout of Guillain-Barré syndrome that sidelined him all season last year. Left guard Connor Williams hasn’t been great either. PFF gives him an overall grade of 59.4 for his play this year.

Williams was out with a knee injury Sunday. He’s had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee and will be out for at least a few more weeks. But reserve guard Xavier Su’a-Filo didn’t look any better.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
He said "Watching Xavier Su’a-Filo play, it’s obvious the #Cowboys run game greatly misses Connor Williams." Uh what happened to the run game when Connor last played? He's acting like Connor is Larry Allen in his prime, I couldn't tell a noticeable difference in the oline play.
I would say Connor's blocking on the move. XSF is a stiff if there ever were one. We like our OGs being able to get out and pull in the running game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is anyone else missing Jonathan Cooper at left guard?

source.gif