Connor William's stinks thread

quickccc

Reaction score
Not many can hold their own against Donald but who am I to stop the incoming Williams sucks posts

but Williams was having his issues with Michael Brockers as well,..defenders are walking him backwards into the backfield both vs pass and vs run.
That was just one game, lets' observe if he ups his game and improve as the season goes on.

Hardline

Reaction score
What I want to know is why aren't the Cowboys defensive linemen using the Jersey tugging technique like Donald does?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Tyron handled him on Zeke's first TD. Pushed Donald back 3 yds into the end zone. Not sure he even lined up near Tyron after that.
I believe Tyron & Connor doubled him & then Connor peeled off and Tyron took an off balance AD for the rest of the ride. Not trying to be argumentative just think Tyron had help.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I mean, if you're gonna call out Connor, wonder boy Zack Martin looked like a UDFA.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I believe Tyron & Connor doubled him & then Connor peeled off and Tyron took an off balance AD for the rest of the ride. Not trying to be argumentative just think Tyron had help.
No he had no help (williams blocked down). That's why collinsworth specifically made note of Tyron during the replay

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
but Williams was having his issues with Michael Brockers as well,..defenders are walking him backwards into the backfield both vs pass and vs run.
That was just one game, lets' observe if he ups his game and improve as the season goes on.

Williams had knee surgery during the offseason, I think started camp on PUP, and wore a brace some. That sounds like a guy who only got his knee healthy enough to play in the last few weeks, meaning he wasn't able to *train* properly all through the offseason.

We've got young guys, and I like all of them. They're healthy. Let one of them play. Biadasz, McGovern, Knight.

One thing to say about Biadazs - he played more games last year than Williams, Looney, Knight, and McGovern combined.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Williams had knee surgery during the offseason, I think started camp on PUP, and wore a brace some. That sounds like a guy who only got his knee healthy enough to play in the last few weeks, meaning he wasn't able to *train* properly all through the offseason.

We've got young guys, and I like all of them. They're healthy. Let one of them play. Biadasz, McGovern, Knight.

One thing to say about Biadazs - he played more games last year than Williams, Looney, Knight, and McGovern combined.

Biadz is weak as well, meed to start Issac Alacron.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

It was Donald pulling and throwing him to side like a bag of trash he is.

quickccc

Reaction score

That's at the collegiate level, which is nowhere as competitive a level as the NFL.
Half of those guys Biadazs played in college last year won't even make it to the NFL level.

And you'd have to more compare Tyler Biadasz college days to McGovern's college days.

And Williams did not start camp on the PUP list.
that was a testimony to how strong his knee was coming into camp.
And if his knee is still problematic that he struggles this badly on a regular basis, then it's probably best to seek out an
better anchor competitor anchor until he fully recovers.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That's at the collegiate level, which is nowhere as competitive a level as the NFL.
Half of those guys Biadazs played in college last year won't even make it to the NFL level.

And you'd have to more compare Tyler Biadasz college days to McGovern's college days.

And if his knee is still problematic that he struggles this badly on a regular basis, then it's probably best to seek out an
Mcgovern at LG, Biadasz at center and connor williams at RT. Let's go!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Brocker really only had one play against Williams, that I saw. If you watch that play, where Brockers breaks through and Blows it up, Williams actually gets tripped up on his set up with the leg of the Center I believe. Watch it again and see if that's not the case. That's why he went down like he did. Not entirely his fault, just one of those things unfortunately.

After having rewatched the game, Williams actually had a pretty decent game, consider he was locked up one on one with Donald a lot of the game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Tyron handled him on Zeke's first TD. Pushed Donald back 3 yds into the end zone. Not sure he even lined up near Tyron after that.

He did. On the play where he hit Dak in the face mask, he was on Smith. Bull rushed him and pushed him all the way back into Dak and then went throw him to break up the throw.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Ok. I'll take your recollecxtion that Williams didn't start on PUP. Still, there was a question about whether he could return in time for the season opener, and he did wear the brace.

The point on Biadasz was that he was most recently playing. Getting real snaps against competing opponents for full games for a full season. Sure, college is not as competitive as the pros, but not playing and walk throughs are much less competitive than than playing in actual games, even if at a lower level of competition.

Should we really be waiting more games to see if Williams will struggle "on a regular basis" when we have other players with some presumed competence who are at least clearly healthy?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
this is result of a simple mistake, on drat night, Dallas Goedert was there to be had, we could have traded a 6th or 7th round pick to move up one spot and grab him, instead we played cute and waited for him to drop to us...Philly laughed, traded ahead of us and took Dallas Goedert.....we panicked and took Williams and pretended we wanted him all along, only to draft another Guard (McGovern) the next year...yeah sure we really wanted him!!! second time I remember Jones getting cute on draft day and ending up losing on the player they wanted

Agree that Goedert would have been the pick and Williams wasn't really the target but blame Witten for that one. If that news gets out only a day later but the Cowboys knew about Witten's plans all along things would have worked out well. Sam Hubbard wouldn't have been a bad pick either to shore up RDE for a while.