Twitter: Connor Williams to have knee surgery

Cebrin

Reaction score
The more I watch and see the play the more it looks to me that Frederick got beat off the line. The Vikes called the perfect play as they were slanting right. You can see Conner heading to the second level to get the MLB (#54) which looks like his assignment from the snap.

There are plenty of other plays to highlight Williams getting manhandled, but I don't think this is one of them.

Yup, he bumped, and went for the LB. Inside was late to come over, and finish the block.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The more I watch and see the play the more it looks to me that Frederick got beat off the line. The Vikes called the perfect play as they were slanting right. You can see Conner heading to the second level to get the MLB (#54) which looks like his assignment from the snap.

There are plenty of other plays to highlight Williams getting manhandled, but I don't think this is one of them.

The play is to the left and DT lines up well to the Left of Frederick. He has no angle to make a cut off.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I find the timing of all this very amusing. Everybody trying to save face on this one. I'm not buy this "injury" for one second. Pretty bad that a team can no longer come out w/ the truth....and just own up to making the wrong decision to start this clown in the first place. Now we can get back to the season....and start running the football again. ;)

Beaker42

Reaction score

Connor Williams will have surgery on his knee Tuesday but the hope is he will be able to return after a few weeks. Xavier Su'a-Filo will likely move into the left guard role, which is how the Cowboys handled Williams' absence last year because of a knee scope.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Thank God. Maybe our O-line will be decent again.

RoboQB

Reaction score
To me, it looks like the guard is supposed to chip and move to the next level.

Williams didn't help Frederick much with a lazy hand tap for a chip.
Frederick looks slow getting to his spot. It's a reach block, not the easiest
block for a center.

It was mentioned in the broadcast that Williams could've done more to help
his center. Also, it makes since as to why Frederick was upset on the sideline.

I wish Dak ran more during games. It would've set up a nice jump pass in the RPO
in place of handing off to Zeke who had been stuffed all day with his longest run
being 6 yards.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Filo will fill in.

Just sharing the info with you all.

https://nfltraderumors.co/nfc-east-notes-cowboys-eagles-giants-Commanders-97/

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Take your time big dummy.

EJG9U3EWwAA9dbh
Great image. Do you know what this image says? It says our OL got blown the hell off of the line on a RUNNING play. On a running play the OL are supposed to be going forward not backwards like they do on a passing play. Every single OL is behind the LOS. Except wonder boy Williams who needed to be helping Frederick more. WOW.

fansince68

Reaction score
The best news all week. Can we sit Fredbeard too. He has quietly sucked all season due to the focus on C Williams.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
To me, it looks like the guard is supposed to chip and move to the next level.

Williams didn't help Frederick much with a lazy hand tap for a chip.
Frederick looks slow getting to his spot. It's a reach block, not the easiest
block for a center.

It was mentioned in the broadcast that Williams could've done more to help
his center. Also, it makes since as to why Frederick was upset on the sideline.

I wish Dak ran more during games. It would've set up a nice jump pass in the RPO
in place of handing off to Zeke who had been stuffed all day with his longest run
being 6 yards.

Williams needed to do more than chip, he needed to block until Frederick could fully engage. Play was moving to the left and Frederick was to the right. He's got no angle to cut off the defender.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That is Frederick's assignment. It should not have been a difficult block for Frederick.

Unfortunately Frederick aint the player he once was, probably never will be the same before his illness.

Eatman and Helman were talking about this on The Break.