Contract for Ceedee

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
What did Wilson get? I probably give CD just a little bit more than whatever Wilson got but it ain't starter money. Remember Smith Schuster looked really good too as long as there was a number one on the other side

.............or are you saying let's bring in the no1 who made Smith Schuster look good as he'll make Lamb look good? Aaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggg!

RS12

Reaction score
I wouldnt give him a second contract. There are high end receivers in every draft. The three year rule says not a number one receiver with inconsistent hands who disappears for stretches.

exciter

Reaction score
Based off his play so far on this team, knowing our owner, what is his value? He's been bread to be a top guy in this league, I'm assuming Jerry will try to pay him top dollar in hopes he'll become elite!

Right now if his contract were being negotiated, I'm not sure I resign him. If I do, he's not coming anywhere near 20 million. Please give your thoughts
He’s progressively looking more like a player you let walk. At this point I’m not even sure you pick up the 5th year option on him!

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I believe Dak will destroy ever quality receiver because of his inaccuracy either getting receivers hurt or making them look bad. There are plays though were Lamb is just not catching catchable balls and this is unacceptable.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
He’s progressively looking more like a player you let walk. At this point I’m not even sure you pick up the 5th year option on him!

The top 3 receivers "miles ahead of all the rest" from the 2020 draft are all looking a bit iffy right now (1 more so than the other 2 clearly).

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Why would anyone say it is too early? It would be standard operating procedure for Jerry to give his latest shiny toy a big extension after year 3 of his rookie deal. A real GM would make him play it out and take the 5th year option then franchise tag him if necessary but not our kind hearted and loving GM / Owner / fearless leader. Oh no sir no way can the next 88 sit there without one of the largest WR contracts in the NFL.

Loved the sarcasm

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Plus I was told that he was a generational talent and could not be passed by in round 1. Even though he went 17th overall.
I don't remember generational but they did say we couldn't pass him which I didn't agree with from what I saw on highlights

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I would just say to Lamb (as any player) you start producing or you will be benched. We dont give a crap about your draft position or anything else. You dont produce and the ball is to you and you are benched. Next freakin man up. Enough of the BS and start producing for God’s sake. We mollycoddle these players and so they choose not to produce. Tank is a good example. I will be willing to wager he wont have a sack in the next games. If not, bench and trade.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Time to think about a new contract for him will be after next season.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Based off his play so far on this team, knowing our owner, what is his value? He's been bread to be a top guy in this league, I'm assuming Jerry will try to pay him top dollar in hopes he'll become elite!

Right now if his contract were being negotiated, I'm not sure I resign him. If I do, he's not coming anywhere near 20 million. Please give your thoughts

I am with you. He is certainly not worth a premium #1 WR contract. He is far too inconsistent in general and last 8 games are mediocre.

His stock is plummeting and he will need a huge turnaround to convince otherwise

Acceptablename

Reaction score

For me I see all the talent imaginable but heart?

Verdict

Reaction score
So far he's has never had a good game against a #1 cb or against double coverage. He's good as a #2 receiver against the #2 cb in single coverage. His strength is as an open field runner not in traffic.
HIs game last week of 2 catches 29 yards is what he usually delivers when he's #1 with defense focused and all over him..Noah had a better game.
why are we even talking about extending him now?

better question may be why did the scouts like Lamb over Jefferson.
I was a big Lamb fan, but Jefferson has clearly been better than Lamb so far. But I wonder how much of that is Dak holding him back. How many passes has Dak thrown behind him?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Everyone was going nutts on draft night when he was drafted. CD just has to grow and mature plus get stronger. I doubt he's a one. CeeDee was killing it as a 2. With a strong one WR ahead of him. What would you guys think Tolbert will be in the future? We need a true number one. Not forcing a 2 to be a 1. IMO:(

fredp22

Reaction score
I was a big Lamb fan, but Jefferson has clearly been better than Lamb so far. But I wonder how much of that is Dak holding him back. How many passes has Dak thrown behind him?
Jefferson seems like a player. He tries to find the open area and can make that clutch catch. Lamb appears to just lean on his talent and gets lost in traffic. Hes good if its an open field but not to good battling others or finding that open area.
Lamb faster-shiftier, Jefferson more complete

Starstruck22

Reaction score
MESSAGE TO LAMB: START CATCHING BALLS OR YOU WILL BE BENCHED AND TRADED. CATCH THE FREAKIN BALL OR OCCUPY THE BENCH WHERE YOU BELONG. THERE ARE A PLETHORA OF THIRD TEAM PLAYERS WANTING THE OPPORTUNITY YOU ARE SQUANDERING. CATCH THE DAMN BALL OR NO CONTRACT!!!!!!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He had 2k yards his first 2 years. He could have a bad year this year, demand 25m$ per year minimum or he’s sitting out, and Jerry will have to pay it. Someone somewhere will give it to him if he’s allowed to seek a trade

Question is will he be willing to wait it out like Dak and Amari, or will his agent Convince him to pull a Zeke? Many would have said no way would Zeke ever pull that (especially after getting suspended in 2017), but all his agent has to say is “you’ve got 1 shot at this contract” and the seed is planted. Jerry has basically built this WR corps perfectly for Lamb to take it hostage

Last edited:

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok. It I can take a step back and put aside the overall disgust I currently have for every single person in the Organization that doesn’t wear #11, and look at his first 2 seasons. His numbers actually blow away the first 2 seasons for Irvin and Dez’s numbers. If he plays to expectations the rest of the way and ends up with 1200 yards 10tds then he is a legit 1 and deserves what he gets. I think for myself and many others the expectations we had for him was we were getting Chase or Jefferson. Thats just not the case at all. He can be a 1, but IMO he’s not a guy thats gonna lead the league in yards at any time. But he’ll be in the top 10-15 every year.