Contract games

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Signing elite talent is important. Lamb and Parsons are worth big money. It’s when you give moderate talent big contracts that issues arise. The contracts given to players like Steele and Donovan Wilson are just as prohibitive as giving Dak top QB money.
I agree 100%. And is everyone else here getting a pop up ad every tribe they click on a thread? It’s getting annoying.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It's pretty much like many jobs. You have an agreement for as long as you are there or needed. But yeah, I guess a player can walk based on that same concept.
Difference is if another job offers more, you can quit that day. In the NFL, that’s not allowed

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I don't agree with the bold. No team agreed to pay the player for the next 3 years. They agreed to pay the player a certain amount if he's there the next 3 years.
“If he’s there” is to the team’s decision, not his. He can play for them, or retire. Meanwhile, they’re allowed to end the agreement at any time.

Flamma

Reaction score
Difference is if another job offers more, you can quit that day. In the NFL, that’s not allowed
That's because it's the same organization. I'm sure Lamb could sign with the CFL tomorrow if they wanted to pay him 35M a year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's because it's the same organization. I'm sure Lamb could sign with the CFL tomorrow if they wanted to pay him 35M a year.
Nah he wouldn’t. He can make $33 mil playing for the Dallas Cowboys and all that comes with that. He’s not passing up that money.