Conventional wisdom says

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
OG, WR and Edge early in this draft.

I would go a different route.

1. Daxton Hill FS
2. Travis Jones 1T (might have to package some later picks with 56 and move up)
3. Damone Clark LB

I want to stop the oppositions running game and force 3rd and longs.
I want Daxton hill with his exceptional speed and leaping ability patroling center field.

Add these 3 and if Gallimore, Osa and Kelvin Joseph progress this could be a ferrocious defense.

I would try to add 2 more outside free agents.

Zadarius Smith DE and Erik Flowers LG

With my remaining mid to late round picks.
A burner receiver like the kid from Baylor and Kolar TE - a tall red zone threat. Maybe a developmental RB like Abram Smith.

This is my line of thinking.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Forcing 3rd and long would go a long way to fixing our ills/ if Jordan Davis is there what about that [which I doubt he is]

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think this would be a great draft I’d just need to know we’re doing something at LG and Edge in FA.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1. Daxton Hill FS
3. Damone Clark LB

I want Daxton hill with his exceptional speed and leaping ability patroling center field.

Add these 3 and if Gallimore, Osa and Kelvin Joseph progress this could be a ferrocious defense.

A burner receiver like the kid from Baylor and Kolar TE - a tall red zone threat. Maybe a developmental RB like Abram Smith.

I am not too familiar with any of those players in the draft, but I like the idea you have.
Thanks, as now I can go look at them and get familiar.

This is what I like about mock drafts and the draft zone, to get ideas from others that follow the NCAA players more than I do.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

1. Daxton Hill FS
3. Damone Clark LB

Offense was a wreck down the stretch and you lost 3 starters and you want a defensive heavy draft?

Croomraider

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a defense heavy draft but we might need a top corner cause bossman still has a huge question mark.
Anthony Brown is in his last contract year and is 30. I guess we could play bossman more this season and make that call
next year.

visionary

Reaction score
I’m ok with this as long as we sign a center and OG in FA
These are 3 guys who will have a significant impact for us this year and in the future
This is especially true because I’m done expecting our QB to carry this team and keep giving him more weapons. He has shown he is not capable of delivering when the chips are down. Our defense will have to be the 85 Bears for us to win anything
Unfortunately there is no way this FO will spend the top 3 picks on defense

visionary

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a defense heavy draft but we might need a top corner cause bossman still has a huge question mark.
Anthony Brown is in his last contract year and is 30. I guess we could play bossman more this season and make that call
next year.

wr should trade Brown to someone for a 3-4 rd pick