Cooper’s on pace for a career high

John813

Reaction score
Can't win here with WRs.

Dez: Vocal player, passionate, maybe not the brightest bulb in the world. In his prime he was a great athletic receiver that also was physical player. Labeled a team cancer and a poor route runner.

Cooper: Laid back, quiet soft spoken dude, demeanor is the exact opposite of Dez. Great route runner, and has wheels. Labeled a beta, overpaid, and gets crapped on for disappearing in games.

Then, some have to knock one down to prop the other up.

Both were great here. Neither has had success in the playoffs but that doesn't fall squarely on their shoulders.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Ppl should apologize to me for calling me crazy when I said we should trade gallup for a high pick b4 the season

RonnieT24

Reaction score
exactly not trying to knock AC hes been solid and is helping our team but when i bring Dez in and his 3years run he had far more impressive then any one year AC has had and he scored early and often, period 73 tds he owns as DC record, he scores and that memorable more impactful on games.AC is great route runner , he does move the chines, until it matters, he doesnt obviously beat his man in scoring postion ie Red zone areas..

Coop gets open by outmaneuvering his man.. In tight spaces it's nigh impossible to do. That's when it becomes a scheme thing. Our scheme calls for mostly fades and fade-stops in the red zone. Our QBs don't seem to throw those particularly well. Dak has gotten better at it but the inability to throw it consistently was one of the reasons he did not mesh well with Dez. These other bums? Who knows? Seems like since Dak went down we've thrown more red zone INTs than red zone TDs. But back to scheme.. Other teams use a lot of pick plays and the like to scheme guys open in the red zone. We have never done it a ton. I maintain that if we did it would get flagged at a rate previously unseen. Like it or not, the data shows that the Cowboys have the worst penalty yardage differential than any other team.. Meaning we get flagged for more yardage by a wider margin against our opponents than any other team in the league. I mean we ranked behind the Raiders y'all! I know people hate conspiracy theories and I frankly don't believe in them.. but I do believe a lot of refs hate the Cowboys.. because they grew up watching their favorite teams get owned by the Cowboys. 20 years from now I can all but guarantee the Patriots will have taken our place as the most hated team by the refs.. All the little future refs have spent their entire childhoods crying after the Pats whupped their favorite team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Coop gets open by outmaneuvering his man.. In tight spaces it's nigh impossible to do. That's when it becomes a scheme thing. Our scheme calls for mostly fades and fade-stops in the red zone. Our QBs don't seem to throw those particularly well. Dak has gotten better at it but the inability to throw it consistently was one of the reasons he did not mesh well with Dez. These other bums? Who knows? Seems like since Dak went down we've thrown more red zone INTs than red zone TDs. But back to scheme.. Other teams use a lot of pick plays and the like to scheme guys open in the red zone. We have never done it a ton. I maintain that if we did it would get flagged at a rate previously unseen. Like it or not, the data shows that the Cowboys have the worst penalty yardage differential than any other team.. Meaning we get flagged for more yardage by a wider margin against our opponents than any other team in the league. I mean we ranked behind the Raiders y'all! I know people hate conspiracy theories and I frankly don't believe in them.. but I do believe a lot of refs hate the Cowboys.. because they grew up watching their favorite teams get owned by the Cowboys. 20 years from now I can all but guarantee the Patriots will have taken our place as the most hated team by the refs.. All the little future refs have spent their entire childhoods crying after the Pats whupped their favorite team.
all im saying is Id like to see more TDs by AC, its part fo his game that needs to get better.. maybe its the QB, who knows , all i know is Many WRs had career years with Romo, far too many to list really but look at what TO did in only 3 years put up insane numbers including TDs by bunches..

IMO its scoring that helps teams more from the WR position i mean it is the new NFL ie passing league and as much as i lie AVC, hes lacking in that area a lot..i get it so do others maybe its more double and triples who knows but my expectations is more scores..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can't win here with WRs.

Dez: Vocal player, passionate, maybe not the brightest bulb in the world. In his prime he was a great athletic receiver that also was physical player. Labeled a team cancer and a poor route runner.

Cooper: Laid back, quiet soft spoken dude, demeanor is the exact opposite of Dez. Great route runner, and has wheels. Labeled a beta, overpaid, and gets crapped on for disappearing in games.

Then, some have to knock one down to prop the other up.

Both were great here. Neither has had success in the playoffs but that doesn't fall squarely on their shoulders.
IM not locking AC just wanted to remind fans this BEST season for AC is being heralded that Dez needs more respect then he got..reminder but dude wants to debate and diminish Dez career , I like AC wish him the best but id take Dez in pickup game over AC..LOL

RonnieT24

Reaction score
all im saying is Id like to see more TDs by AC, its part fo his game that needs to get better.. maybe its the QB, who knows , all i know is Many WRs had career years with Romo, far too many to list really but look at what TO did in only 3 years put up insane numbers including TDs by bunches..

IMO its scoring that helps teams more from the WR position i mean it is the new NFL ie passing league and as much as i lie AVC, hes lacking in that area a lot..i get it so do others maybe its more double and triples who knows but my expectations is more scores..

Even the guys who had career years with Romo did not do it with a lot of red zone TDs as I recall. T.O. and Miles were bigger guys (Both 6'3" 220-ish) with speed to take it to the house from anywhere.. But neither was the threat to just go up and take the ball off the top of a defender's head the way Dez could. That's what made Dez so special. Also Romo got better and better at ball placement as the years wore on.(as do all QBs) By the team he and Dez teamed up he was able to put it in places where Dez and only Dez could go get it. More often than not the results were spectacular. Dak probably still hasn't quite caught up to Romo's level of ball placement but he has surpassed Romo in other areas which lead me to rate him a better QB now than Romo was in every year except 2014. But the main thing holding Coop back in terms of scoring to this point is our scheme. We don't scheme him open instead we count on his skills to get him open.. The closer you get to the red zone the less space for the defender to cover and the less likely footwork is to get a receiver open.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It used to wonder if we'd keep Cooper or Gallup in 2022. Now I'm wondering if we let both go and ride with Lamb as #1 on his rookie deal for 3 more years.

Despite being glad we took Lamb, I don't want to spend a lot on WR, particularly if Dak gets paid.
Paying the QB is pointless if you aren't going to pay WRs around him.

John813

Reaction score
IM not locking AC just wanted to remind fans this BEST season for AC is being heralded that Dez needs more respect then he got..reminder but dude wants to debate and diminish Dez career , I like AC wish him the best but id take Dez in pickup game over AC..LOL

I know and it wasn't singled out to you. Just over the past few years I've seen those complaints on Cooper.

Both receivers have been great for us and get labeled as scapegoats when it's clear they aren't the reason the team fails to advance in the playoffs.

Dez and Romo were a great duo and had excellent chemistry and Cooper and Dak had instant chemistry.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Cooper but big receiving stats do not equate to wins.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Even the guys who had career years with Romo did not do it with a lot of red zone TDs as I recall. T.O. and Miles were bigger guys (Both 6'3" 220-ish) with speed to take it to the house from anywhere.. But neither was the threat to just go up and take the ball off the top of a defender's head the way Dez could. That's what made Dez so special. Also Romo got better and better at ball placement as the years wore on.(as do all QBs) By the team he and Dez teamed up he was able to put it in places where Dez and only Dez could go get it. More often than not the results were spectacular. Dak probably still hasn't quite caught up to Romo's level of ball placement but he has surpassed Romo in other areas which lead me to rate him a better QB now than Romo was in every year except 2014. But the main thing holding Coop back in terms of scoring to this point is our scheme. We don't scheme him open instead we count on his skills to get him open.. The closer you get to the red zone the less space for the defender to cover and the less likely footwork is to get a receiver open.
but he didnt so it in Cali either

not his game is my point..

the lost narrative is 73tds over 7 years with a few shortened by injurys is INSANE and yet dez lack of respect l\is similar zekes right now , some fan choose to hate and ignore great players because they dont like their personalities or off field issues..

same fans say zekes jag volume guy doesnt make splash plays are supporting AC and disrespecting dez...place is Bipolar.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I know and it wasn't singled out to you. Just over the past few years I've seen those complaints on Cooper.

Both receivers have been great for us and get labeled as scapegoats when it's clear they aren't the reason the team fails to advance in the playoffs.

Dez and Romo were a great duo and had excellent chemistry and Cooper and Dak had instant chemistry.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was almost scary how quickly Dak and Coop meshed. But I have a feeling that's more on Coop than on Dak. A guy who runs consistent, crisp routes and presents a clear target are every QB's dream. Frankly it's why his dropoff in
but he didnt so it in Cali either

not his game is my point..

the lost narrative is 73tds over 7 years with a few shortened by injurys is INSANE and yet dez lack of respect l\is similar zekes right now , some fan choose to hate and ignore great players because they dont like their personalities or off field issues..

same fans say zekes jag volume guy doesnt make splash plays are supporting AC and disrespecting dez...place is Bipolar.

Nah.. people shift their "preferences" to whatever it needs to be to support their hate for a particular player. Dez was a splash player who was loud and passionate.. so from him we wanted quiet consistency.. AC is a quiet consistent guy so we want a loud splashy passionate player.. Most can't just come out and admit they just hate guys .. because then they might have to admit the real reasons for it. And in most cases the true reasons are ugly and reveal the ugliness within their own souls. I root for the Cowboys.. which means I want anybody that wears the star to absofrigginlutely ball out. And when they don't I am disappointed.. but I don't get mad at the player.. I don't start trying to play amateur shrink and question their motivation. Knowing what these guys put their bodies through to get out there on the field and the risks they take every single snap leads me to dismiss any of that nonsense talk offhand. I mean Tyrod Taylor almost got killed when the doctor giving him a shot in his ribs punctured his lung. A shot which was necessitated by the fact that he already had cracked ribs but was still going to go out and play.. I don't know if anyone here has had cracked ribs but I have.. It hurts.. a lot.. it hurts to breathe.. it hurts to walk, it hurts to lie down and it hurts to sit up and it sure as HELL hurts when large men hit you and aside from a pain killer and adrenaline there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it. When I had mine pretty much the first quarter of the game was spent in excruciating pain because they didn't have toradol (sp?) in our league. And there are 2000 guys doing that every week. Yet some piss ant on the internet wants to call them "soft" or proclaim that they "don't care." GTFOH.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
again how many big games has AC showed in, cant remember one..not one

Dez still tops the list at 5 you diminish his accomplishments is why we are here, Dez had better career as DC and DC are who we are supposed to support..it easy huh? did you check the list of like 200 WRs Stats and hes 5 the names hes above is quite impressive and you said he only had 3 good years but those 3years weren't good they were as good as any HOF PB player stts one could ever put up ie ELITE Years 3 are not a falsh inthe pan , he added big plays on Punt returns and being #1 in TDs is like not thing all of sudden..

dude again you are clueless , I like AC but hes on pace for his best season going on 6 years on the league and its not going to be close to what Dez did and he did it 3 years in row ..but 8 years he had 3 Elite seasons 3-5 good to average and a few bad ones and? sounds lie a lot of players careers, the important stat is hes ahead of MANY BIG TIME Names thats come through here top 5 and #1 in TDS

id say that heck of career fans like you sweep under the carpet because you didnt like his attitude and off field issues..sounds familiar??.. Injuries' took a toll on him late in his career and also changing from Romo to Dak , he and dak didnt mix Dak doesnt throw open player and is afraid to throw a prefect ball to covered player and let him go get it.. he has to have player like AC who can get more open and that why they mixed..but that for another argument. Romo >Dak :))

I hope AC dominates hes now a cowboy but hes not been Cowboy and Dez was homegrown, im taking Dez those 3 years over any one year of AC..again AC sometimes i have to go look at stat line because he just doesn't do anything memorable and i can forget he made any plays..he needs to score more, PERIOD..

Like I have said, I really enjoyed watching dez. I don't diminish any of his accomplishments. They just all happened in 3 years, and the other 5 years (which you give excuses for) were bad

Nothing came of those 3 years, so besides being fun to watch, what you have is 3 good season, and 5 bad seasons for a 1st round pick, who had horrible numbers for 3 years which he got paid 42 million dollars for.

Then you downplay cooper, who has came in here and performed. Dak was not impressive throwing for years (including time with dez). All of the sudden mid season when Cooper comes in, he takes off. The next year he is in the top of the league for throwing. The year following that, he is putting up amazing numbers.

Dak did improve, but I don't get how you can look at it, and downplay Cooper

Maybe nothing comes of Cooper being here, but he is consistent, and beats coverage, and will most likely be for his whole contract

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
exactly not trying to knock AC hes been solid and is helping our team but when i bring Dez in and his 3years run he had far more impressive then any one year AC has had and he scored early and often, period 73 tds he owns as DC record, he scores and that memorable more impactful on games.AC is great route runner , he does move the chines, until it matters, he doesnt obviously beat his man in scoring postion ie Red zone areas..
well bb dont forget to credit romo for a lot of dez td's.
he threw the jump balls good, and him and dez had the short back shoulder fade down good for the redzone scores.
most of those were 5 yds or less, but romo put the ball where only dez could catch it, and the timing was good.
Dak never mastered that throw or the jump ball, so that is part of why dez didnt have those after romo left.

kellen seems to not use that at all, and it hurts the team in the redzone.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They just all happened in 3 years, and the other 5 years (which you give excuses for) were bad
the answer to that is Romo, then NO Romo. Without Romo dez was ordinary.
Dak could not make the same throws.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
back shoulder fade in endzone, and the jump balls.

For certain Dak is not as good at those as Romo was at the end. But if you recall Romo wasn't all that great at them early in his run either. It's a skill that seems to take a minute to perfect. I do think Dak is better now than he was as a rook.. In fact I've said many times that if we could put this Dak in the time machine and put him with 2016-2017 Dez we'd see some really great results.