Signed by Cowboys Cooper agreed to terms

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pardon me, but you used "that guy," and I think you must have meant "one of those guys."

Ok, "one of those guys".

And I don't apologize for telling "everyone what I think" is the "proper amount of optimism"... key word being think. That's different from "everyone what definitively is." by the way. Right? There's an important difference. You, me, everyone can say what we think, and that should be alright... right?

I gladly invite you to share "what you think", I enjoy good conversation and debate. What I don't care for is people trying to tell me how I should think. That's not your place. That's not "alright" I hope you understand the distinction because some people still don't.

Then, you step over the line in making the accusation that I indicated what you should be "allowed" to feel. You can't find that in anything I said because it's just not there. I have boundaries in how I interact with posters on internet boards, and that's one of them. I may state my opinion in a strong way using as much substance as I can find to support my point... but that (again) is different than asserting myself as god of the board that others must bow down to... as-if.

When you're telling me "There's reason for optimism. But not the degree of optimism you seem to be conveying" - your exact words above - that's exactly what you're doing. Maybe it was unintentional, but that was the message conveyed.

Just want to be clear on those things. Hope we're all good going forward. You aren't ignorant, and neither am I, at least where our reasoning concerns this discussion.

We're all good going forward. As I said, your comment was likely unintentional and I always enjoy good conversation and debate.

_sturt_

Reaction score
When you're telling me "There's reason for optimism. But not the degree of optimism you seem to be conveying" - your exact words above - that's exactly what you're doing. Maybe it was unintentional, but that was the message conveyed.

I don't want to belabor the point, particularly b/c I think you've otherwise met me halfway and we're good. But for the record, I was stating what I think when I wrote "there's reason for optimism but not the degree of optimism you seem to be conveying." You were/are not told to not offer an opposing perspective (... apologies for the double negative, but it seems to better convey the point). Now, I suppose I could have added the words, "in my opinion" just to be clear, but I do already do that with some regularity in my posts, and I'd like to not have to end every thought posted with that phrase if I could just be afforded that inherent assumption. I'm just not "one of those guys" who feels it important to claim omniscience, but rather am content with my human-ness--though still attempting to offer, and making no apologies for offering, substantive opinion that's relatively well thought-out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't want to belabor the point, particularly b/c I think you've otherwise met me halfway and we're good. But for the record, I was stating what I think when I wrote "there's reason for optimism but not the degree of optimism you seem to be conveying." You were/are not told to not offer an opposing perspective (... apologies for the double negative, but it seems to better convey the point). Now, I suppose I could have added the words, "in my opinion" just to be clear, but I do already do that with some regularity in my posts, and I'd like to not have to end every thought posted with that phrase if I could just be afforded that inherent assumption. I'm just not "one of those guys" who feels it important to claim omniscience, but rather am content with my human-ness.

I'm fine with hearing from you about what you think about the subject at hand, whatever that may be. What I take offense to is you telling me what you think of what I think or the validity of my opinion. There's where people cross a line and where they obviously don't see it.

What you could have said is that you didn't share my level of optimism or were less optimistic than I was. I would've been fine with that. I don't expect people to feel exactly the way that I do one way or another, that's unrealistic. But in your words, that's what you did. 'Reason for optimism, but not to my degree' as if someone appointed you the judge of such things and my position was somehow 'wrong'.

I hope this clears things up for you and that we're good going forward.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would rather pay Leary than Free........Leary may take less to stay especially since his knee situation is explosive......if DAL can get him for 5m a year for 3 years they have the room

That may mean they have to use Collins at RT or trade him to someone for a RT..... I also think CGreen can handle the job with a guy like Cleary as backup......if Cooper works out thats even better
The Cooper signing is a great example of option theory. Assuming he is with the team next year, the Cowboys have numerous options to high-grade the RT position and (seamlessly) back-filling for Leary if he is not resigned.

John813

Reaction score
Jerry been hitting the bottle.

Almost died? OMG LIKE I CAN'T EVEN

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sorry, folks...I never did buy into a label for Jerry as baboso...

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
The big 3
Collins
Green
Cooper
Looney
Cleary

That's your OL next year