Cooper AND Warmack?!

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
How would you feel if the Cowboys got Warmack at 18 and traded up using a pick or two from next year to get Cooper?

I'd probably cry tears of joy. Romo probably would too.

RS12

Reaction score
sureletsrace;4988286 said:
How would you feel if the Cowboys got Warmack at 18 and traded up using a pick or two from next year to get Cooper?

Just like they werent a player away last year, they arent this year. This team needs every pick it has this and next year and should look to get more IMO.

Sifillest

Reaction score
RS12;4988287 said:
Just like they werent a player away last year, they arent this year. This team needs every pick it has this and next year and should look to get more IMO.

Ha, but that's TWO players buddy!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sureletsrace;4988286 said:

I would love it. Can they get a Center also?

RS12;4988287 said:
Agree. I wouldn't do it under the "1 player away" train of thought.

The reason to go overboard on the OL is that it is a foundation for the entire team. It makes the QB and all offensive skill position players better. It helps the defense if you can establish a legit running game and eat up the game clock in the process.

If I were building or rebuilding a football team, the OLine is the one area where I would start. My number one goal would be to attempt to have the best and most dominant OLine that ever existed. I would even put resources into having quality developmental backups.

You can win with a young QB or marginal veteran QB when you have a dominant OLine (see SF Alex Smith and then Kaepernick). OK, they have a good defense also, but without that OLine, it's doubtful that they would have had a winning record when Alex Smith was playing.

Sifillest

Reaction score
dunno, if the O line turned into a strength in one offseason I imagine we would at least be a lock for the playoffs.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I would say this.

If we could get Melton in FA. I would trade this year's 2nd and next years 2nd to move back into the 1st round.

18 - Warmack
20 something - Cooper
3rd round - Cryptein
4th round - Franklin
5th round - BPA
6th round -BPA

2014 draft
1st round - Defense
2nd round - no pick
3rd round - BPA

OL 2013 - Smith/Warmack/Costa/Cooper/Parnell
DL 2013 - Ware/Melton/Ratliff/Crawford - back-ups Lissmore/Hatcher/Bass

If we couldn't get Melton, then it would be a tough call.

Sifillest

Reaction score
I can get with this. of course, we have to hope Warmack suffers from DeCastro syndrome and makes it to us at 18. i'd be down for sure tho. Hopefully we can get swearinger or phillip thomas in the 3rd tho.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Could happen and I wouldn't mind the following scenario:

1) Warmack slides to the Cowboys at #18 in the 1st round

2) Cowboys package their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rd pick to move up in the draft and take Cooper who has slid to the end of the 1st or top of the 2nd.

Cowboys end up with Warmack, Cooper, 5th rd pick, and 6th rd pick.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
ninja;4988371 said:
Could happen and I wouldn't mind the following scenario:

1) Warmack slides to the Cowboys at #18 in the 1st round

2) Cowboys package their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rd pick to move up in the draft and take Cooper who has slid to the end of the 1st or top of the 2nd.

Cowboys end up with Warmack, Cooper, 5th rd pick, and 6th rd pick.

Way too much. We need those picks. Only a 2nd and a 2nd next year.

But, this will never happen anyways. Just the thought of having to use a 1st round pick on ONE Guard gives Jerry a headache already. No way he would ever do two.

JBS

Reaction score
cooper or warford will be available with our 2nd rounder...book it

KDM256

Reaction score
Stranger things has happened but Warmack will not make it past pick 10...... IMO

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
1) Warmack
1) Cooper
3) Holmes
4) best safety available
5) best DL available
6) bpa

FA: Spencer, Melton.

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4988380 said:
cooper or warford will be available with our 2nd rounder...book it

I assure you Cooper won't be. And Warford doesn't fit our scheme well. He's a designated RG power run blocker only. We need an athletic G who can play LG and pass protect.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sureletsrace;4988392 said:
1) Warmack
1) Cooper
3) Holmes
4) best safety available
5) best DL available
6) bpa

FA: Spencer, Melton.

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

I would actually be happy with some combination of Warmack or Cooper in the 1st and Warford or Dallas Thomas in the 2nd.

Warford is very similar to Warmack, just not quite as freakishly strong/balanced.

Dallas Thomas is very similar to Cooper, just not quite as strong/balanced.

Either way, Holmes in the 3rd would be an excellent bargain, IMO.

I realize that it is doubtful that they draft more than 1 OL with the top 3 picks, but we can dream.

JBS

Reaction score
IAmLegend;4988413 said:
I assure you Cooper won't be. And Warford doesn't fit our scheme well. He's a designated RG power run blocker only. We need an athletic G who can play LG and pass protect.

dont be shocked if warford goes before cooper...

three guards arent going in the top 46 picks

plus, warford would be a fine fit here

burmafrd

Reaction score
and if could somehow get Kahleed Holmes as our Center or Barrett Jones we would rebuild the entire center of the line in one shot.
Of course Jerruh would never do something so sensible.