Cooper Beebe's debut gets an A grade

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
We have the reigning runner up in MVP, so the center doesn't matter...we can pay shells as long as we have a $60mm QB...

...that being said, he looked more comfortable run blocking than pass blocking. But again...we have the reigning runner-up...so no sweat.

:)

McKDaddy

Reaction score
In fairness I saw Beebe get completely overpowered on one play. Walked into the backfield. I rewound to make sure it was him.

That play alone would negate an A grade. It also makes me wonder about the power we were told to about.

He also struggled on some other plays.

So, it's his first action, no worries but let's not perpetuate that it was a dominant performance.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/5-takes-cooper-beebe-gets-an-a-grade-in-debut

4. Cooper Beebe's debut gets an A grade.

After getting the majority of the work playing at center, it's safe to put an A grade on the debut from Cooper Beebe. His snaps were consistent, his protection was solid and the lack of interior pressure from the Rams' young group of defensive tackles was noticeable. Brock Hoffman has had a strong camp and still holds a firm lead in the battle at center, and while Beebe's debut was not perfect, he showed on Sunday that he is steadily getting better with every rep that he takes.

Didn’t watch the whole game and I know I am not in the Twilight Zone but I know I saw either a thread or post that this guy was crap. Which is it?

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't really consider the validity of articles appearing on the Dallas Cowboys official website. Criticism is kept at a minimum as a matter of policy, so it seems.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I thought he struggled a fair amount in pass pro, wasnt horrible but I didn't see an "A" grade.
Agreed. I thought the Centers were "so-so" (C+ maybe B) Inexperience showed, but even 1st rounders need a bit of a learning curve.

We'll see how he does next game. He does look bigger than Biadasz, so hoping that helps in run blocking

reddyuta

Reaction score
I still want him to train at Center but the plays he got beat a little was when he just couldnt set low fast enough to anchor against a fast Dlineman who beat him with long arms.His natural spot could be at guard though where he can anchor better,we will see how he develops this season.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't really consider the validity of articles appearing on the Dallas Cowboys official website. Criticism is kept at a minimum as a matter of policy, so it seems.
I like the validity of what I saw. He is a good one. The Cowboys are going to have a good oline.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/5-takes-cooper-beebe-gets-an-a-grade-in-debut

4. Cooper Beebe's debut gets an A grade.

After getting the majority of the work playing at center, it's safe to put an A grade on the debut from Cooper Beebe. His snaps were consistent, his protection was solid and the lack of interior pressure from the Rams' young group of defensive tackles was noticeable. Brock Hoffman has had a strong camp and still holds a firm lead in the battle at center, and while Beebe's debut was not perfect, he showed on Sunday that he is steadily getting better with every rep that he takes.
Be nice to finally have a stronger, nastier mauler at center. He didn’t screw up any snaps in his debut either. Only thing Hoffman has on him is experience.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I kept mixing up Beebe for Bass. #66 was getting his butt kicked on the interior. I also thought Mazi was #68. That number was getting blown off the ball for like 5 yards a play.

glimmerman

Reaction score
In fairness I saw Beebe get completely overpowered on one play. Walked into the backfield. I rewound to make sure it was him.

That play alone would negate an A grade. It also makes me wonder about the power we were told to about.

He also struggled on some other plays.

So, it's his first action, no worries but let's not perpetuate that it was a dominant performance.
Was that the play the runner was stopped in the backfield.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gonna need to rebuild the entire right side of the line next year. Now that the left and center is done being rebuilt.
Yeah but they love Steele because they paid him and they are highly impressed with their own personnel evaluations.