Cooper, Metcalf, Gallup

Carson

Reaction score
Gallup > Metcalf. He does so much more. Metcalf basically runs super fast one way.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Gallup > Metcalf. He does so much more. Metcalf basically runs super fast one way.

And he out-bodies people. Dez made a pro bowl career off of that one attribute. Dez had similar 3-cone drill and shuttle times to Metcalf, but he wasn’t nearly as fast downfield.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's boom or bust. I just don't see him being great.

But if I knew everything, I would be in the draft room as opposed to sitting on my couch.

I think Metcalf's speed is overrated and don't think his 40 time is accurate to his field play - what makes Metcalf valuable as a pro is how he can make contested catches in a similar way Dez Bryant did.

Gallup is a decent #2, Metcalf is a guy coming in to be THE guy for Seattle. He ended up where he needed to be with a far better QB that has one of the best deep balls in the league.

Carson

Reaction score
I think Metcalf's speed is overrated and don't think his 40 time is accurate to his field play - what makes Metcalf valuable as a pro is how he can make contested catches in a similar way Dez Bryant did.

Gallup is a decent #2, Metcalf is a guy coming in to be THE guy for Seattle. He ended up where he needed to be with a far better QB that has one of the best deep balls in the league.

I respect that. Cannot disagree with you there

Jipper

Reaction score
Metcalf has far more potential as a pro - Gallup has the potential to be a Robert Woods. Good but not great.

I just don’t get how you can say this especially after how wel gallop played in the NFL last year....pure speculation based on what your perception is from college tape...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I just don’t get how you can say this especially after how wel gallop played in the NFL last year....pure speculation based on what your perception is from college tape...

How well he played? He had 500 yards and 2 TDs. I expect him to be a guy who gets about 600-800 yards and about 4-6 TDs a year. Maybe he has a 1,000 yard season at some point.

Gallup is not THE guy, we brought Cooper in for that. So calling Gallup decent is pretty accurate - he's not a player teams are going to fear, he'll be reliable and that's valuable, but he doesn't have the potential Metcalf has.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Hurns...also Noah Brown, Cedrick Wilson (like to see what he can do), Reggie Davis, Devin Smith, Lance Lenoir etc.

Not bad

Flamma

Reaction score
I would have really liked to see that....

Me too. When he dropped to us I was hoping we'd pick him up. But I wouldn't have been upset with one of the safeties we were looking at either. But I'll take Metcalf over Hill any day. Hill may improve in a few years and surprise me. But he's not doing anything this year. And yeah, I watched tape, and not just his highlights. He's a project player.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
And he out-bodies people. Dez made a pro bowl career off of that one attribute. Dez had similar 3-cone drill and shuttle times to Metcalf, but he wasn’t nearly as fast downfield.

Except dez actually produced in college. Metcalf was all pre draft workout hype.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Me too. When he dropped to us I was hoping we'd pick him up. But I wouldn't have been upset with one of the safeties we were looking at either. But I'll take Metcalf over Hill any day. Hill may improve in a few years and surprise me. But he's not doing anything this year. And yeah, I watched tape, and not just his highlights. He's a project player.

I don’t get the metcalf hype.

He wasn’t productive in college.
Despite being bigger faster and stronger than any DB he’d face. It wasn’t scheme, coaching or QB play because his own teammate dominated college comp routinely.

Guy posts one shirtless pic and suddenly everyone forgets he wasn’t even good in college.

How is metcalf not a project?

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score

Dez also dominated everything metcalf did over his entire college career in just his sophomore season.

Flamma

Reaction score
How is metcalf not a project?

Sick size and speed. He could have been used for slants, posts, fly and crossing patterns. Flags too. We have other good WRs to run the other routes. But I would have liked one of the safeties in that spot. I'm hoping Hill proves me wrong.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
What I’m a bit lost on is if he was that great and a legit #1 why’d he fall so far? I would assume the second coming of Moss or Johnson would’ve been scooped right up.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Id rather have a DT than a WR.
Cooper and Gallup are just fine.