Twitter: Cooper on leaving Dallas

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I 100% respect those comments. He always says he loved it in Dallas. We all know we didnt wan him gone, front office didnt want him gone. His contract demanded he be gone. As he said, its just business, I like him more after reading his comments than before.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Cooper seems like a quiet guy anyways so I wouldn't expect him to say anything about Dallas. Plus he is making so much money in the NFL why burn any bridges.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Browns are having a real laugh getting him for only a fifth round pick. I have a sick feeling the Cowboys are going to regret letting him go. I’m sure the team is already not feeling good about it. They would’ve preferred to move on from Zeke but were stuck. It wouldn’t have taken much to find a better back than Zeke at this stage in his career. Finding a better receiver/route runner than Cooper is going to be a real challenge.
I agree. The Cowboys wanted to move the salary more than the player. But to me he had his moments where he looked like he was missing that eye of the tiger.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I will not miss his run blocking. We know we have a QB that can't win without 100 yards on the ground. When you have a WR like Coop and a TE like Shultz, that makes getting 100 yards rushing that more difficult. We're basically playing 8 against 11 with those guys on run plays.
Some of the best TEs in the game are known for their ability to get down the seams in the passing game. Gronkowski and Kelce and Ertz love to run around like WRs. They don't focus on run blocking as much as you might think.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But to me he had his moments where he looked like he was missing that eye of the tiger.

The entire team had that look after the Denver game especially against San Francisco in the playoffs.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A losing player that too often disappeared. Soft as tissue. Good riddance.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The entire team had that look after the Denver game especially against San Francisco in the playoffs.
That is true! But big games is where your high priced stars need to show up. If they played better it may of been enough to inspire a few other players and than it can be contagious.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Well that's a very funny take on what I said.

I'm trying to be reasonable here. How about you?
If I am coloring yo in the same light as most fans its disingenuous to say show "more" enthusiasm. When there is plenty of "Sounds from the Sidelines" that show enthusiasm whether its joking with team mates, helping team mates or anything else. Everyone has hated the fact he is "even keeled" even taking into question his love of the game, evidently Dez-like is too much enthusiasm, and the handful of Cooper looking disinterested standing on the sideline is not enthusiastic enough.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I am coloring yo in the same light as most fans its disingenuous to say show "more" enthusiasm. When there is plenty of "Sounds from the Sidelines" that show enthusiasm whether its joking with team mates, helping team mates or anything else. Everyone has hated the fact he is "even keeled" even taking into question his love of the game, evidently Dez-like is too much enthusiasm, and the handful of Cooper looking disinterested standing on the sideline is not enthusiastic enough.
Look...I like coop. Seeing what a difference he did for this team was incredible.

Is me saying Dez should calm down a little worthy of your ire? If not...then this shouldn't be either. You do not allow people to have an opinion on a player"s demeanor?

I am not commenting on stuff I can't see on the sideline. I never said any such thing. A couple leaping high fives with the other WRs and O-line after a TD would be cool and inspiring for them. Not mandatory, but cool.

(please also note I never said he never does it...I have indeed seen a few low energy fives given. )

jrumann59

Reaction score
Look...I like coop. Seeing what a difference he did for this team was incredible.

Is me saying Dez should calm down a little worthy of your ire? If not...then this shouldn't be either. You do not allow people to have an opinion on a player"s demeanor?

I am not commenting on stuff I can't see on the sideline. I never said any such thing. A couple leaping high fives with the other WRs and O-line after a TD would be cool and inspiring for them. Not mandatory, but cool.

(please also note I never said he never does it...I have indeed seen a few low energy fives given. )
f you watched any of the sounds of the sideline there were similiar moments. Prime example the joking between him and Lamb over the game winning TD in the Minny game. The ONE image that sticks out is the one image with him just standing on the sideline that all seem to be using as proof.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
f you watched any of the sounds of the sideline there were similiar moments. Prime example the joking between him and Lamb over the game winning TD in the Minny game. The ONE image that sticks out is the one image with him just standing on the sideline that all seem to be using as proof.
I just got done saying I am not talking about sideline and here you are arguing it AGAIN.

Good day, sir.

Jenky

Reaction score
Nope...............its about not needing to spend 22 million on Cooper when you have Lamb on a rookie deal. Allocation of resources.

Gallup for 12 and Shultz for 10= 22 for Cooper.

Easy choice. Take Gallup and Shultz. Especially when you have Lamb already the #1.

Sure, trust a receiver coming back from a torn ACL and a tightened who cant block. Got it. If you go against the grain, you get cut. Don't know why you cant see it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sure, trust a receiver coming back from a torn ACL and a tightened who cant block. Got it. If you go against the grain, you get cut. Don't know why you cant see it.

its a 5 year deal. This is about much more then the first couple of games of next year. Guys come back from this all the time. I dont trust Shultz in the run game, but he caught more passes, for more yards, than Cooper and led the team in TD's.

Easy easy call.

Gallup and Shultz > Cooper

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Prescott was 28-16 in Cooper starts, and the Cowboys averaged over 28 points a game, and in games in which Cooper was not there for Prescott, the Cowboys were 3-6 in Prescott starts, averaging a 20.2 points a game.