Twitter: Cooper Rush: "I definitely don't dream as big as Jerry."

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Even Rush didn't take Jerry seriously. I like him. Seems like a good dude who understands his role, puts in the work, and plays to the best of his abilities. Just win, baby.

LOL, i was hoping he would have said, " I definitely don't drink as much as Jerry".. .....JWB, BAYBEEE....Breakfast of champions.

ESisback

Reaction score
Remember this is the man who said this about Brandon Weeden in 2015:

“This quarterback Weeden can drive the ball down field,” Jones said. “He’s a thing of beauty on throwing a football. His passing motion and his arm, frankly, you won’t see a more gifted passer, power, accuracy, the entire aspect of it. If he can basically prepare, be the starting quarterback, come in and execute and keep his head right, then I feel good about Weeden.”

What was he supposed to say? “This guy sucks! We’re doomed…”?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Jerry doesnt think this affects anyone but again ...why in the world would you put any un needed stress on QB2 right now, just stupid.

Only a Dak First fan would see those comments as anything but light hearted motivation where Jerry runs his mouth.

Then again there is some undeniable logic that if (admittedly a BIG if) the Cowboys keep winning and Rush remains in charge of a winning Offense, then a controversy ensues....retain the lesser QB2 who can provide a limited ceiling (but higher floor Offense, that provides just enough) or bring back the better QB, but one that could 'blow-up' and hasnt been known for his ability to play under pressure.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I believe our offensive players were buoyed by this quiet and unassuming QB, judging by the way they supported him last week. They'd likely do well to repeat their efforts in making sure their extra effort ensures a win in the Big Apple. This version of the Cowboys still needs an offensive boost. Hopefully, this version of the new and improved Giants makes that need clearly obvious, beforehand. We'd also be wise to contain Saquon Barkley in that game.

Last edited: