Signed by Cowboys Cooper Rush returns to Cowboys

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is a good signing, you need a good backup in case your starter gets hurt for a couple of games............see last season.

Now what I do find hilarious is all the anti-Dak posters that said Cooper should be the starter.

32 teams just said "no bro, we good":laugh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So much for the Looney Toons on this board that were claiming Rush is better than Dak and that teams would be lining up to sign him in free agency. Lol
I hope that we draft a quarterback in the last couple of rounds, because Rush is what he is, which is a backup who understands the game but doesn't have the arm to ascend to starter. We need to keep looking for/trying to develop the next starter. Rush is the backup. Grier's spot needs to go to the next project at the position. We probably won't get lucky and find the next Brady or even Romo, but you can't hit that target if you never take the shot.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So much for the Looney Toons on this board that were claiming Rush is better than Dak and that teams would be lining up to sign him in free agency. Lol
Defense won most of those games under Rush and the one big boy we played (Philly), we lost.

Other teams watch tape as well, they know exactly who and what Rush is and that is being a backup, not a starter.

Starting QBs in the NFL dont sign for $3 mill a season.

Cmac

Reaction score
Where was Cooper going? He is a career backup.....just don't have to rent yet. He is solidified in the "Chase Daniels QB Longevity" Program.

khiladi

Reaction score
Except for when he SHREDDED the 8th-best defense in football, on the road, in the playoffs.

Did 10 QBs have more playoff success than Dak did? No? Oh. Then you have absolutely nothing.

Losers lose. Take you L and move on, lil guy.
:thumbup:
We going to pretend TB was good.. OK..

bigE79

Reaction score
How many people on here thought he would get this BIG deal to compete as someone's starter?
One-read patterns and the ability to hand the ball off and to rely on a defense getting ten sacks a game does not equal franchise quarterback, I guess.
Are you talking about cooper or dak.. your post sums up both perfectly.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
So far he has been a good bus driver with a 5-1 record. His only loss was to a Super Bowl caliber team, and he knows our system. Seems like a good signing for now.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
That's good news. Now I'd like to see them draft a true developmental QB. No more DiNucci's, spend a mid round draft pick and get someone with some potential.
They do grow on trees just pick one of those dime a dozen players it is ez

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Except for when he SHREDDED the 8th-best defense in football, on the road, in the playoffs.

Did 10 QBs have more playoff success than Dak did? No? Oh. Then you have absolutely nothing.

Losers lose. Take you L and move on, lil guy.
I'm glad you enjoyed your super bowl for the year.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
They do grow on trees just pick one of those dime a dozen players it is ez

You know what else grows on trees?

bacon-tree.jpg

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Hopefully one day you can say so much for the looney toons that don't think we have a quarterback on the team that will get us closer than 2014 and end the age of mediocrity.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I enjoyed the win greatly. You didn't.
I enjoyed the win, but took it for what I saw it, us beating a wildcard team that didn't really deserve to be in the playoffs. People were talking all season long how bad Brady looked this year. He was done for and shouldn't have come back and put a bit of tarnish on his career. There are always teams in the Wildcards that don't deserve to be in the playoffs, hence the name wildcard.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully one day you can say so much for the looney toons that don't think we have a quarterback on the team that will get us closer than 2014 and end the age of mediocrity.
The bottom line is he gives us a better chance than any of the QBs we can get our hands on right now. Too many fans act like it’s going to be easy to replace him with a better QB and it won’t be. The Cowboys are a lot better off than some teams are at QB.