Signed by Cowboys Cooper Rush returns to Cowboys

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The bottom line is he gives us a better chance than any of the QBs we can get our hands on right now. Too many fans act like it’s going to be easy to replace him with a better QB and it won’t be. The Cowboys are a lot better off than some teams are at QB.
That's true and very sound logic.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's true and very sound logic.
Some fans think I’m completely satisfied with Dak and I’m not. He’s clearly regressed from where he was prior to that serious ankle injury but despite his flaws he’s still better than a lot of QBs out there. We’ve won a lot of games with him and his winning percentage is very good. Although he’s flawed, it’s going to be very difficult to improve on him. I saw one post that the Cowboys need to go out and find their Patrick Mahomes as if a QB of that caliber grows on trees. Lol I’m sure Washington thought they could do better than Kirk Cousins when they moved on from him a few years ago and now look at them. The Cowboys situation at QB may not be perfect but it could be a lot worse.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Some fans think I’m completely satisfied with Dak and I’m not. He’s clearly regressed from where he was prior to that serious ankle injury but despite his flaws he’s still better than a lot of QBs out there. We’ve won a lot of games with him and his winning percentage is very good. Although he’s flawed, it’s going to be very difficult to improve on him. I saw one post that the Cowboys need to go out and find their Patrick Mahomes as if a QB of that caliber grows on trees. Lol I’m sure Washington thought they could do better than Kirk Cousins when they moved on from him a few years ago and now look at them. The Cowboys situation at QB may not be perfect but it could be a lot worse.
I think Dak can win us a lot of games in the regular season, the same way that Romo could. And I'll repeat my stance again, this team lacks the leadership needed from the coaching staff because with Jerrah you'll never have the Head Coach be the true leader of the team. In such a case, you need leaders step up from the players, to get the team focused and the right kind of mentality needed for playoffs football. Romo and Dak seem to just have average leadership skills on the field. So we will continue doing well in the regular season but besides the odd year like 2014 we won't do much in the playoffs besides win a wildcard here and there against another team that wasn't playing playoff caliber football either. But yes the Cowboys will have to do truly terrible one season or get lucky with a non-first round pick at QB to find a QB with talent and hopefully on the field leadership skills instead of just being a leader in the locker room.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wow. That narrative that Rush should be starting really got shot down by the free market. No one was interested in paying starter money or even good backup money. That's C. J. Beathard and Blaine Gabbert dollars right there.

So y'all pushing Rush over Dak might introspect a bit to uncover your real motivations.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Dak, Rush, Draftee like Jake Haener, Hooker, Hall.

The way I see draft going?

Round 1 BPA
Round 2 Run on TEs/CBs
Round 3 Run on RBs/CBs

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
You know what else grows on trees?

bacon-tree.jpg
What's up Tonto?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Wow. That narrative that Rush should be starting really got shot down by the free market. No one was interested in paying starter money or even good backup money. That's C. J. Beathard and Blaine Gabbert dollars right there.

So y'all pushing Rush over Dak might introspect a bit to uncover your real motivations.
I think Cooper wanted to stay in Dallas.

Who wants to move?