Twitter: Cooper's Injury Could Be More Serious Than Publicized

plymkr

Reaction score

This article made me feel better. Read the whole thing. I'm not too worried. If this was the first game of the season on Sunday, I'd be worried but it's not so I'm moving on to the next news report that makes me want to jump off a bridge.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I’d take the offer off table if I was JJ. You dont pay that to a QB who gets elevated by better players around him.

You pay the big bucks to guys that make journeyman look like all pros.

Yup, Aikman was crap without Irvin & Emmitt. They should not have resigned him too.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He won 25 games and lost 14 without him

With him he has won 7 games and lost 3
3-5 without him or Dez and not good without Zeke.

So, obviously he needs help and every QB does but if those 2 can't play, he better take that contract they are offering and run because it won't get better

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
3-5 without him or Dez and not good without Zeke.

So, obviously he needs help and every QB does but if those 2 can't play, he better take that contract they are offering and run because it won't get better

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...d-to-win-aikman-irvin-emmitt-romo-dez-elliott

aikemirv

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...d-to-win-aikman-irvin-emmitt-romo-dez-elliott

So you are telling me that he will get a better offer if they struggle all year without Zeke and Amari?

That is all I am saying. Not saying anything bad about Dak. Just no way he would have a season that would garner more money under those circumstances!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is the exact reason not to panic when news breaks (if you want to call it that when it's from Spags) until more information becomes available.

It was just a matter of time before "Cooper's injury might be really bad and the sky is possibly falling" reports started to show up once Cooper missed some practices.

He might have a career ending injury or he might have an ingrown toenail. Regardless of the actual issue, the "it might be really bad" reports were guaranteed to show up.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So you are telling me that he will get a better offer if they struggle all year without Zeke and Amari?

That is all I am saying. Not saying anything bad about Dak. Just no way he would have a season that would garner more money under those circumstances!

He is in the same position Romo and Aikman were.

It's hard to win in this league without your weapons.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He is in the same position Romo and Aikman were.

It's hard to win in this league without your weapons.

I don't think Romo ever was without a #1 whether it was Dez or TO. That said, he never struggled passing the ball. He was a magician in the pocket to get away until somebody came open and made people like Laurent Robinson millions.

Aikman on the other hand was a true pocket guy with limited mobility and if the guys did not get open on said route he was not going to be successful - which is what we saw after Irvin retired

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I’d take the offer off table if I was JJ. You dont pay that to a QB who gets elevated by better players around him.

You pay the big bucks to guys that make journeyman look like all pros.

People claimed Romo did that. And where did that get us?

Every great QB is propped up by something. Russell Wilson hasn't did jack since one of the best defenses in modern day football disbanded and they got rid of Lynch. Matt Ryan has Julio Jones. Mahomes has great talent around him. Ben R always had talent around him.

The only QB who does what you say is Brady and he's the best to ever play the position so yeah, not real fair to try and live up to what he does.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m not entirely sure why you’re all playing stupid to the fact that some QBs make the players around them look better while middling QBs often need great players around them to perform at a high level.

It's a dumb thing to say. All QB's get better with better players around them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

See, its already gone from a heel bruise to , plantar, which is much more serious.

Now because Garrett the idiot says "he will be fine", the homers are going to down it like Koolaid. Even though Garrett has basically lied about what it was from the beginning.