copying Cowboys videos on HD to DVD

cowboy4322

Cowboy Realist
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have the videos from the previous games that Calico made on my hard drive, but I want to copy them to DVD. I have a cd/dvd burner. How is the best way to go about doing this? My operating system is Windows XP.

Thanks in advance

Cowboy4322

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboy4322 said:
Hey all,

I have the videos from the previous games that Calico made on my hard drive, but I want to copy them to DVD. I have a cd/dvd burner. How is the best way to go about doing this? My operating system is Windows XP.

Thanks in advance

Cowboy4322

If you have a cd/dvd burner then you should have software with that burner.

Chances are that software has the ability to convert the video to a dvd playable format.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
You don't need burner software with XP. You can just put in a blank cd and it should launch a window where you can drag and drop the files you want to burn. It doesn't always work properly so the burning software is usually the way to go.

cowboy4322

Cowboy Realist
Reaction score
Thanks Brain and Yeager, I do have the software, I just have to find it.

Thanks again

Cowboy4322

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just be aware that there is a difference between just burning the files to a DVD (in a data disk type format) compared to burning it after it formatting the videos.

While formatting the videos to work in most DVD players it may take a long time to burn, or at least get ready to burn.

However I just made a data disk (on DVD) with all the clips for backup purposes...saves from a bunch of downloading again if something goes wrong with you computer. :)

cowboy4322

Cowboy Realist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Just be aware that there is a difference between just burning the files to a DVD (in a data disk type format) compared to burning it after it formatting the videos.

While formatting the videos to work in most DVD players it may take a long time to burn, or at least get ready to burn.

However I just made a data disk (on DVD) with all the clips for backup purposes...saves from a bunch of downloading again if something goes wrong with you computer. :)

Thanks BP, I'll keep that in mind

Viper

Reaction score
Most DVD burners come with a program called Nero, it works really well. You can also use WinAVI video converter, should be able to download it from tucows. For backing up your dvd’s I use DVD Shrink, it’s free and it works really well.