Cornerback and DL looks like what we will draft

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And as good as we're playing I doubt there will be a better DL than Corner.

Who do you guys like so far at those positions?

Common Sense

Reaction score
If we go corner, it's likely a bigger guy (6' +) who can press and play aggressively in coverage.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Solomon Thomas from Stanford or Takkarst McKinnley from UCLA emmanuel ogbah went at the top of the 2nd round. I would be very happy with the 4th rared de in the next draft.
I dont think we getting the 4th rated. the 4th rated may be gone by pick 20. Solomon Thomas could be a late round steal tho. Strong side DE that wrecks havoc. Move Tank to right end and let Thomas have his way with the lesser talented right tackles in the league.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I dont think we getting the 4th rated. the 4th rated may be gone by pick 20. Solomon Thomas could be a late round steal tho. Strong side DE that wrecks havoc. Move Tank to right end and let Thomas have his way with the lesser talented right tackles in the league.

1st Myles Garret
2nd Jonathan Allen
3rd Derrick Barnett
4th Carl Lawson
5th Charles Harris
6th Solomon Thomas
7th Takkarst McKinnley?? Unless rumors are true and he is a top 10?? There is not much seperating the 4th to 7th rated DEs.

RandyOh

Reaction score
At corner my 2 favorites are Sidney Jones and Desmond King. Both are probably the best corners in this draft for our scheme. would be happy with either one. Jones could be a slider due to size so a possible 2nd round steal.

I also like Chidobe Awuzie out of Colorado and Jamar Summers out of UConn. in the 3rd and 4th round.

Greg Mabin is my pick for a possible late round gem. plays opposite of Desmond King and gets no love despite being solid all around corner. great size too at 6'2" 200 lbs.

Other then the obvious my favorites at Dline are Solomon Thomas and Carl Lawson. Lawson is a gamble due to his injury history but he is an absolute handful at right end and has stayed healthy all season this year. Had a hell of a game against last years top rated OT Laremy Tunsil in 2015.

Josh Carraway and Dewuane Smoot are my 2nd round targets.

Jordan Willis out of Kansas State is having a nice season. So is Tyquan Lewis from Ohio State. mid round targets.

RandyOh

Reaction score
1st Myles Garret
2nd Jonathan Allen
3rd Derrick Barnett
4th Carl Lawson
5th Charles Harris
6th Solomon Thomas
7th Takkarst McKinnley?? Unless rumors are true and he is a top 10?? There is not much seperating the 4th to 7th rated DEs.
Lawson is a top 10 talent that will slide due to injury history. Now in terms of on field, Lawson is possibly the 2nd best DE in this draft when fully healthy. I would also Put McKinnley before Harris and Thomas. He is having a D Ware type up sky rocketting up boards.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Lawson is a top 10 talent that will slide due to injury history. Now in terms of on field, Lawson is possibly the 2nd best DE in this draft when fully healthy. I would also Put McKinnley before Harris and Thomas. He is having a D Ware type up sky rocketting up boards.

McKinnley is not very durable though...has been playing hurt the only year he was named a starter.

RandyOh

Reaction score
McKinnley is not very durable though...has been playing hurt the only year he was named a starter.
Hes getting comparisons to Demarcus Ware from scouts. I can see a playoff team taking a chance on him a few picks ahead of us if he has that type of potential. He may even go in the teens.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
And as good as we're playing I doubt there will be a better DL than Corner.

Who do you guys like so far at those positions?
I haven't followed much outside of ACC play, but Cordrea Tankersley is a pretty solid man to man style corner, and would be available in the late first round.

WeaponX

Reaction score
I haven't followed much outside of ACC play, but Cordrea Tankersley is a pretty solid man to man style corner, and would be available in the late first round.
How does he stack up in comparison to Mack Alexander from last year?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
How does he stack up in comparison to Mack Alexander from last year?
He is bigger and more physical than Alexander, three inches taller and seems to have better ball skills as far as making a play for an interception. He is a step slower than Alexander, and not as athletic overall. Also, he doesn't have has natural technique as Alexander does, leading to sometimes being a little "grabby". He would be a better version of Brandon Carr in our scheme.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Des Lawrence-unc
Cameron Sutton-Tennessee
Desmond king-iowa
Tabor-Florida
Wilson-Florida

Duane smoot-Illinois
Carraway-tcu
Kyle fitts-Utah
Charles Harris Missouri
Tim Williams Alabama

If we can get any mix of these guys in rounds 1 and 2 it's a W

WeaponX

Reaction score
He is bigger and more physical than Alexander, three inches taller and seems to have better ball skills as far as making a play for an interception. He is a step slower than Alexander, and not as athletic overall. Also, he doesn't have has natural technique as Alexander does, leading to sometimes being a little "grabby". He would be a better version of Brandon Carr in our scheme.
By your description that's what it sounds like, and I'd be ok with that considering we have some help over the top. Is he looking like a day 2 guy or someone we can pick up in the mids?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
By your description that's what it sounds like, and I'd be ok with that considering we have some help over the top. Is he looking like a day 2 guy or someone we can pick up in the mids?
Barring a significant drop-off in performance or injury, he wont last past the middle of the second round, and a good combine and pro-day will lock him up as a late first rounder.