Cornerback Riley Moss Iowa

cnuball21

Reaction score
I agree on the smart player with good size but doubt he’ll test as an elite athlete.

Good mid round target IMO…probably has to be in a zone heavy scheme.

John813

Reaction score
Huh, don't see that too often.

Seems like he'll be a high sparq player. What's the general consensus on his projected round?
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Riley-Moss-DB-Iowa
Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #19. He wrote "Moss has vertical-jumped 42 inches and broad-jumped 10-8. We’re told he has clocked the fastest short shuttle time for DBs in Kirk Ferentz’s two decades-plus at Iowa, blazing through it in 3.85 seconds. That would’ve been almost a full tenth of a second faster than anyone at this year’s combine, with Sam Houston State’s Zyon McCollum going 3.94."

https://hawkeyeswire.usatoday.com/lists/iowa-football-hawkeyes-riley-moss-senior-bowl-nfl-draft/

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
In general, I love Iowa players. They’re usually tough, football smart, and play very hard.

They always end up better in the NFL than I expected.

I haven’t looked too much at Moss yet, but I already like him just because he’s an Iowa guy.

I’ll watch more of him soon. I’m interested in how he tests in Indy too.

Carson

Reaction score
One of my pet cats. Love Iow, Wisconsin kids. Always seem well coached and teachable.

cnuball21

Reaction score
After reading up on him more I’m a bigger fan. Solid ball production over his career, eyes / instincts pop up on his scouting report and he made Feldmans Freak List which means he probably is a stud athlete.

Best suited for zone and we’re zone heavy so he’s probably a good match.

tm1119

Reaction score
Struggled some in 1 on 1 drills at the senior bowl, seemed like he had a problem with change of direction. May fit as a zone CB or possibly even a move to FS

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
After reading up on him more I’m a bigger fan. Solid ball production over his career, eyes / instincts pop up on his scouting report and he made Feldmans Freak List which means he probably is a stud athlete.

Best suited for zone and we’re zone heavy so he’s probably a good match.
Are we zone heavy in the secondary? I thought we were in 2021 but switched to have equal man and zone concepts in 2022.