Correct me if I'm wrong but

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
We were one spot behind Washington going into this weeks games with a tied record. We won, they lost so we should have that spot now. The final WC spot.

So if the playoffs were to start today we would be in. Right?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2453771 said:
We were one spot behind Washington going into this weeks games with a tied record. We won, they lost so we should have that spot now. The final WC spot.

So if the playoffs were to start today we would be in. Right?
We were 8th, behind Atlanta. We move up to 7th, with Washington taking 8th presumably.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
If playoffs were today we wouldn't get in cause Atlanta has #6, we have #7. Last week we were #8 though :)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
last week we were 8th, Atlanta was 7th

w/ Washington's loss, Atlanta with their win moves up to 6th, and we move up to 7th

we move to sole possession of 2nd place in the division though

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
My bad then. I thought Atl had 5th going in and Washington had 6th.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Atlanta won so we would be tied with them for the 6th spot. We are 6-4 in the Conference for a .600 pct., Atlanta is 5-3 for a .625 pct. So yes technically we would be 7th.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2453793 said:
My bad then. I thought Atl had 5th going in and Washington had 6th.

The good news is.....we own the tiebreaker with TB. So if we end up with the same record, we get in before they do. Right now Carolina is the 5th spot, but if they beat TB, I believe they take over the Division lead, and TB falls behind us, if we beat Pittsburgh.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Unfortunately none of the games today went our way, with the exception of the Washington-N.Y. game and I can't exactly celebrate a win by N.Y. even though it does put us in 2nd place in the East. Is Atlanta really that good? I just can't believe they are ahead of us right now for a playoff spot. I was counting on San Diego getting off the carpet and winning today.

As it stands right now, there's going to be a tremendous churning of the playoff spots from last year. The way I see it there are several teams that were in the playoffs last year that are already out: San Diego, Green Bay, Seattle. Washington isn't looking good and neither is New England, and we're on the bubble. At least the NFC South teams still have upcoming games against each other so they have to have some losses. We just need to continue winning, and I mean every game. Next week will be a big test. Our O line has its work cut out for it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Doesnt matter what others do right now (as in this week) we just have to win.

If we finish 11-5 or 12-4, we'll be in the playoffs.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2453830 said:
As it stands right now, there's going to be a tremendous churning of the playoff spots from last year.

And the NFL is loving every minute of it.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453841 said:
Doesnt matter what others do right now (as in this week) we just have to win.

If we finish 11-5 or 12-4, we'll be in the playoffs.

i doubt 11-5 is enough to do it considering the way the NFC South is playing

and that's a shame.. i remember not too long ago 9-7 was a sure ticket to the postseason

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;2453860 said:
i doubt 11-5 is enough to do it considering the way the NFC South is playing

and that's a shame.. i remember not too long ago 9-7 was a sure ticket to the postseason

I believe no team has ever missed the playoffs at 11-5 since the 16 game season began. Not saying it cant happen this yr, but its never happened before.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jazzcat22;2453794 said:
Atlanta won so we would be tied with them for the 6th spot. We are 6-4 in the Conference for a .600 pct., Atlanta is 5-3 for a .625 pct. So yes technically we would be 7th.

If Atlanta loses their last two division games, then we'll pass them (if we win our last two division games).

They play @Saints and at home vs the Bucs for their last two division games. THOSE are the ones we need them to lose. If they do, and we win our division games (and they win their other two games) then we'll have a better division record and a better conference record. We get in, they stay home.

The only reason they're ahead of us right now is cuz they've played two less conference games then us.

We need the Bucs to finish with the same record as us (and for Carolina to win their division). We'd get in over them cuz we beat them head to head.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I hate the freaking Saints more now than ever before. How do you let a team that completes 9/23 passing with Jeff Garcia win the game??

On the flip side, if the Saints were playing the Cowboys today, they would show up in all world fashion with Reggie Bush running all over us, and Drew Brees having 400 yards passing.

I hate you Saints! :mad:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Upcoming key Games:
12/7 - 12/8
(9-3) Carolina @ (9-3) Tampa Bay
(7-5) Washington @ (8-4) Ravens
(8-4) Atlanta @ (6-6) New Orleans

12/14
(9-3) Carolina vs (7-5) Broncos
(9-3) Tampa Bay @ (8-4) Atlanta

12/21
(9-3) Carolina @ (11-1) New York
(9-3) Tampa Bay @ (4-8) San Diego :rolleyes:
(7-5) Washington @ (6-5-1) Philadelphia
(8-4) Atlanta @ (6-5) Minnesota

12/28
(9-3) Carolina @ (6-6) New Orleans

As you can see, there are still plenty of "L's" to go around. I believe we still need to go 3-1 here on out in order to get in.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2453892 said:
Upcoming key Games:
12/7 - 12/8
(9-3) Carolina @ (9-3) Tampa Bay
(7-5) Washington @ (8-4) Ravens
(8-4) Atlanta @ (6-6) New Orleans

12/14
(9-3) Carolina vs (7-5) Broncos
(9-3) Tampa Bay @ (8-4) Atlanta

12/21
(9-3) Carolina @ (11-1) New York
(9-3) Tampa Bay @ (4-8) San Diego :rolleyes:
(7-5) Washington @ (6-5-1) Philadelphia
(8-4) Atlanta @ (6-5) Minnesota

12/28
(9-3) Carolina @ (6-6) New Orleans

As you can see, there are still plenty of "L's" to go around. I believe we still need to go 3-1 here on out in order to get in.

Key point here is that one loss may need to be against a non-conference team (either the Steelers or Ravens). All 4 of our losses are in conference, and we can't afford any more.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Key upcoming games in the NFC South:

Monday, December 8th: Buccaneers @ Panthers. One of these teams will be 10-3 and the other will be 9-4.

Sunday, December 14th: Buccaneers @ Falcons. Tampa Bay will be either 11-3 or 10-4 and Atlanta will either be 10-4 or 11-5

Those two games will have ramifications for seeds currently over Dallas in the weeks to come. One of these teams has to win and the other has to lose. And yes, I don't believe in ties. However, I do know the rule, so please don't get me confused with Donovan McNabb.

The Saints could also play a factor by hosting the Falcons next Sunday and the Panthers on Sunday, December 28, but I'm not considering any game which is not a head-to-head matchup where the loser can have zero impact on Dallas' postseason hopes.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2453906 said:
Key point here is that one loss may need to be against a non-conference team (either the Steelers or Ravens). All 4 of our losses are in conference, and we can't afford any more.
Very good point. The Giants and Philadelphia games are must wins for the Cowboys.