Correct me if I'm wrong but

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2453771 said:
We were one spot behind Washington going into this weeks games with a tied record. We won, they lost so we should have that spot now. The final WC spot.

So if the playoffs were to start today we would be in. Right?
Nope. We need Atlanta to have a worse record or Tampa to have an equal record.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Rack;2453870 said:
If Atlanta loses their last two division games, then we'll pass them (if we win our last two division games).

They play @Saints and at home vs the Bucs for their last two division games. THOSE are the ones we need them to lose. If they do, and we win our division games (and they win their other two games) then we'll have a better division record and a better conference record. We get in, they stay home.

The only reason they're ahead of us right now is cuz they've played two less conference games then us.

We need the Bucs to finish with the same record as us (and for Carolina to win their division). We'd get in over them cuz we beat them head to head.

the division record would be irrelevant as we are not in the same division but the conference record would put us ahead.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Hostile;2453985 said:
Nope. We need Atlanta to have a worse record or Tampa to have an equal record.

Which makes me scared.

I hope Carolina win the Division and we take care of our business these next four games.

We do not control our destiny.. ATL and Tampa need to lose.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Real1st;2453991 said:

Not true, given that they play each other, and one of them has to lose (unless they tie).

We do control our own destiny.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Atlanta closes out with 4 NFC games and I doubt they run the table. But two of the games are very winnable for them. Assuming they beat NO and STL then we would need to win against the Giants and Eagles to tie their conf record. If they go 3-1 and do not win their division then there is a really good chance we do not get in.

@NO
TB
@Min
Stl

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Real1st;2453991 said:
Which makes me scared.

I hope Carolina win the Division and we take care of our business these next four games.

Well unless they play to a tie, one of them will lose because they play each other.

So we really do control our own destiny.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453841 said:
Doesnt matter what others do right now (as in this week) we just have to win.

If we finish 11-5 or 12-4, we'll be in the playoffs.

I agree but it would be nice if TB and Atl would lose some games and Carolina win the division. If we have to compete with TB, Car and Atl then we will have little room for error. We should go at least 3-1 and I think 4-0.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
gotta beat the birds and gints no way around it and one of the other games to get in IMO....

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I think we can win our last 4 games, but I'm thinking we're more likely to go 3-1. I still think that should be enough to get us in though. 11-5 is a damn good record for a team that lost their QB for a few games.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;2453860 said:
and that's a shame.. i remember not too long ago 9-7 was a sure ticket to the postseason

It STILL is... just not in our division.

We will lock up 5th or 6th seed.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2453830 said:
Unfortunately none of the games today went our way, with the exception of the Washington-N.Y. game and I can't exactly celebrate a win by N.Y. even though it does put us in 2nd place in the East. Is Atlanta really that good? I just can't believe they are ahead of us right now for a playoff spot. I was counting on San Diego getting off the carpet and winning today.

Yes, they are that good. They play strong defense, rely on the running game and get just enough, and even more, from their passing offense.

I'm impressed with this team.