Could Barron be a smokescreen?

ddh33

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4516397 said:
Brockers should play right away as a rookie. He's got NFL size and strength and he received NFL coaching at the college level. LSU's defensive coordinator churned out tons of NFL defensive linemen at his old gig at the Univ. of Tennessee and his line coach at LSU is a former NFL D-line coach. He might just be a base two down player as a rookie, but there's a pretty good chance that's what he's going to be his entire career anyway.

That's my whole problem with him. I think he is going to be an excellent run stuffer who comes out of the game on third down. I don't want that out of a first round draft pick because I think you can find that out of plenty of players later in the draft.

Give me the guy who is going to play on all three downs, at multiple levels of the defense, and be a strong vocal leader.

Mash

Reaction score
If Brockers will be mainly a 2 down DE......would it be wiser to draft Poe and plug him in at NT?

Just thinking out loud here

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Alot of what I read said late first and had a chance to slide because of suspect coverage abilities. Like I said in an earlier post. I pay special attention to safeties every year because I played the position through HS and 1 yr college. Safeties are the first players I like to scout and read scouting reports on. I remember reading a lot and thinking we definitely should not take Barron. I didn't imagine what I read. So alot of people considered him a potentail 2nd round pick. Several people have said the only thing that put him in the late first was a horribly weak safety class. If Eric Berry were coming out this year, Barron wouldnt crack first rnd. Not sure how he made it all the way up to top 15. It;s a puzzle. Sooo many scouting reports a month ago questioned his coverage. They still do. I just posted 5 of the first 6 scouting reports I pulled. They all question his coverage abilities. Not that theyre right, and he may turn out to be a HOFer, but this one makes me nervous. I will not feel good about this pick the day after the draft like I was with Dez and Tyron.

I read alot on here and there is alot of rave about your information. So you must be a big wig in the scouting scene or something. So I don't mean any disrespect. But I'll put it to you this way. I was extremely pumped up anout Dallas takind Dez and Tyron the last 2 years. Why? Because Dez was a beast coming out of college. Tyron was a beast coming out of college. Mark Barron is NOT a beast and would probably be a 2nd rounder if the class weren;t so weak. A #14 pick needs to be a beast. DeCastro is a beast. I think Fletcher Cox looks like a beast. Barron does not.

It'll take a lot of proof in his play over a period of time. This is a lot of risk for a top 15 pick here....

SDogo;4516393 said:
Barron was never considered a 2nd round pick............esp not as such a short period as right before the combine. He was looked at as a late firs round prospect very early in the process back in September. Also people knew he was not going to work out at the combine so his stock was not effected pre or post.