Could be wild week in Jerry World

Wood

Reaction score
Just finished listing to Podcast with KT and he is hearing whispers from Ben Rogers (who has been correct several times & has good sources) that following might transpire in next week or so:

1. Tony Romo & Dez Bryant might be signed. Dallas currently has $18 million in available cap space.
2. Current league rules on QB would heavily favor Romo return.
3. Dez Bryant continues to insist with Mike Fisher that he still sees himself as Dallas Cowboy.

Buckle in. The internet will break if this goes down.

aaev84

Reaction score
As much as I would love that it seems like a pipe dream. At the very least, I do hope Jerry and Co have some regrets with how they handled things. Romo wanted a chance to compete and regain his starting role. Live and learn.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo is 38 and mistake prone. I know a lot of you guys weren't around, probably young, and hadn't seen or experienced a real QB, but just be patient. I'm certain that if we suck this year, Jerry will sell the farm to get a top rated QB in the draft. But please, let Romo RIP. (retire in peace)

Carter

Reaction score
None of this will happen.

Romo is 38 and injury prone. He hasnt played Football for 2 years. Even if the new rules give us Flags, hes still one hit away from a potential wheelchair. Flag or not. Way too risky. He makes Millions sitting in the booth and has a Family with several children to take care of.

Dez could have happened if he would have shut his mouth in social media. The way he threw half the Locker and the Coaches under the Bus in Public will not make a return possible. This would be even more Drama on the Sideline and in the Locker than ever before.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Tony Romo is 100% healthy. The amount of tourque on the spine and low back is intense to swing a golf club 105-110mph and Golf is much tougher on the back then Football. Romo has been playing well and pain free for over a year, shot 72 last week.

Romo said Wednesday his physical health wouldn't preclude him.

"I played much more hurt back in '13 and '14 probably than I would be now," Romo told 105.3 The Fan on the Ben and Skin Show. "But that's just - you find a routine and stuff in life that you figure out and kind of get going.

"I mean, yeah, I'm healthy enough. That wouldn't be the issue at all I don't think. That would be the least of my thoughts when it came to a decision like that obviously."

Romo might be back for week 6 for $18 Million

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
Tony Romo is 100% healthy. The amount of tourque on the spine and low back is intense to swing a golf club 105-110mph and Golf is much tougher on the back then Football. Romo has been playing well and pain free for over a year, shot 72 last week.

Romo said Wednesday his physical health wouldn't preclude him.

"I played much more hurt back in '13 and '14 probably than I would be now," Romo told 105.3 The Fan on the Ben and Skin Show. "But that's just - you find a routine and stuff in life that you figure out and kind of get going.

"I mean, yeah, I'm healthy enough. That wouldn't be the issue at all I don't think. That would be the least of my thoughts when it came to a decision like that obviously."

Romo might be back for week 6 for $18 Million

Uh....difference is the caddy doesn't try to tackle you after you hit the ball....

The guy is 38, hasn't played in 2 years and has zero chemistry with more than half the receiving corp....this is so ludicrous it's not even worth debating.

I loved Romo and am a huge fan, but his days of playing are done....give it up

Brooksey

Reaction score
Uh....difference is the caddy doesn't try to tackle you after you hit the ball....

The guy is 38, hasn't played in 2 years and has zero chemistry with more than half the receiving corp....this is so ludicrous it's not even worth debating.

I loved Romo and am a huge fan, but his days of playing are done....give it up

Doesn't matter if he's 38, he's not 48. He could put on the pads next week and throw for 300 yards.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Romo is 38 and mistake prone. I know a lot of you guys weren't around, probably young, and hadn't seen or experienced a real QB, but just be patient. I'm certain that if we suck this year, Jerry will sell the farm to get a top rated QB in the draft. But please, let Romo RIP. (retire in peace)

Stop with the fake news. Tony had one of the highest QBR's in the 4th quarter ever. If by mistake prone you mean he threw and interception now and then, I guess Troy was mistake prone, Montana was mistake prone, Young was mistake prone, Brady is mistake prone....

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Giant if, but if this were to happen, it’s an announcement to everyone that Dak is not in their plans for the future. I really hope Romo doesn’t lose his cushy announcer job chasing his White whale though.

Jipper

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if he's 38, he's not 48. He could put on the pads next week and throw for 300 yards.

Ha...ok dude...thats absolutely ludicrous, guy has not played football in 2 years let alone taken a hit...get real

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Giant if, but if this were to happen, it’s an announcement to everyone that Dak is not in their plans for the future. I really hope Romo doesn’t lose his cushy announcer job chasing his White whale though.
The announcer job will always be available. He's done such a good job with it that one of the networks would make room for him. Maybe give him Witten's spot...he's awful.