News: Could Black Monday Coaching Changes Impact The Cowboys?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Could Black Monday Coaching Changes Impact The Cowboys?

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...wboys-jason-garrett-scott-linehan-will-mcclay

...Two division titles in the last three years and finishing with the best record in the conference brings a level of security to a coaching staff. It also opens the door of opportunity. Speculation turns from ‘who is getting fired’ to ‘who is getting lured away’. Such is the nature of the beast. The red-headed genius who patrols the sidelines in Dallas has made the boss a happy man and he will reap the benefits of his efforts, but so will those who helped him

The Dallas Cowboys could be impacted by the coaching carousel as it once again spins. Scott Linehan could be high on the list of those who are searching for a new head coach. Someone may also want to take a run at Rod Marinelli, although he seems likely to be most content to stay where he is. There are also position coaches who may draw interest for coordinator positions in other cities. Matt Eberflus would be high on my list if I were looking to hire a first-time defensive coordinator.

Several coaches will have options because of the success they have experienced this season, and that is not a bad thing. The opportunity to move to the next level can be a selling point for the team. It would hurt to lose a Linehan or an Eberflus, but the advancement can draw the next generation of coaches to Garrett’s staff. A position coach who is ready to become a coordinator will be drawn to an opportunity that has the potential for him to not only run one side of the ball, but may eventually put him in a position to have a team of his own...

DFWJC

Reaction score
So far neither Linehan's or even McClay's names have been mentioned nationally

robjay04

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about our coaches being asked for interviews yet. I honestly don't think a couple head coaching failures are going to have a ton of interest.

Linehan is likely the 5th-6th option on most GM's list. With only six vacancies, it may be tough for him to get much interest especially since he is locked in on our team for two weeks and possibly more. Linehan doesn't strike me as the coaching prospect a team will wait around for like some of the Pats coordinators in the past.