Could Cowboys trade for DT Aaron Donald? **merged**

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Admittedly, this writer is thinking waaaay outside the box........no question Donald would change this D overnight but no way in hell I do this giving up Martin as the writer suggested. If he was a FA, it's a no-brainer.......but

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-w...bmartin&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Could The Cowboys Work A Trade For Disgruntled DT Aaron Donald?

I’m a person who likes to think outside of the box. A lot of times it comes to nothing, but it was that kind of thought process that got me thinking about whether or not the Dallas Cowboys could work out a trade with the Los Angeles Rams for their disgruntled defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

As things stand right now, Aaron Donald and the LA Rams are at a stalemate in their contracts talks and it’s starting to look as if the All-Pro DT could carry his holdout into the season. It’s probably not what either party wants to happen, but Donald is using the only leverage he has right now to try to get a contract extension.

This entire situation may be even more concerning to the Rams organization because Aaron Donald is arguably the best player they currently have on the roster. But, they don’t really know yet how he fits into Wade Phillips new 3-4 defensive scheme since he has missed the entire off-season so far.

You see, Aaron Donald is really better suited to play in a 4-3 defensive scheme as an under tackle or 3-technique, where he can use his speed and agility to his advantage. He is a little undersized (6’1″, 280) to be in every down defensive tackle in Phillips’ defensive scheme, but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the crafty defensive coordinator has a special way in mind to utilize Donald’s unique skill set. But, that still remains unknown

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No.

His cost (salary) would be astronomical.

The amount of draft picks the Cowboys would need to send to the Rams would be crippling.

No.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Admittedly, this writer is thinking waaaay outside the box........no question Donald would change this D overnight but no way in hell I do this giving up Martin as the writer suggested. If he was a FA, it's a no-brainer.......but

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-w...bmartin&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Could The Cowboys Work A Trade For Disgruntled DT Aaron Donald?

I’m a person who likes to think outside of the box. A lot of times it comes to nothing, but it was that kind of thought process that got me thinking about whether or not the Dallas Cowboys could work out a trade with the Los Angeles Rams for their disgruntled defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

As things stand right now, Aaron Donald and the LA Rams are at a stalemate in their contracts talks and it’s starting to look as if the All-Pro DT could carry his holdout into the season. It’s probably not what either party wants to happen, but Donald is using the only leverage he has right now to try to get a contract extension.

This entire situation may be even more concerning to the Rams organization because Aaron Donald is arguably the best player they currently have on the roster. But, they don’t really know yet how he fits into Wade Phillips new 3-4 defensive scheme since he has missed the entire off-season so far.

You see, Aaron Donald is really better suited to play in a 4-3 defensive scheme as an under tackle or 3-technique, where he can use his speed and agility to his advantage. He is a little undersized (6’1″, 280) to be in every down defensive tackle in Phillips’ defensive scheme, but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the crafty defensive coordinator has a special way in mind to utilize Donald’s unique skill set. But, that still remains unknown

Not likely to give up Zack. Maybe for a first, TCraw and Maliek Collins.

Last edited:

waving monkey

Reaction score

As things stand right now, Aaron Donald and the LA Rams are at a stalemate in their contracts talks and it’s starting to look as if the All-Pro DT could carry his holdout into the season. It’s probably not what either party wants to happen, but Donald is using the only leverage he has right now to try to get a contrac