News: Could Cowboys Win at Packers Bench QB Aaron Rodgers?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could the iconic Rodgers be benched?

"Of course," Jennings said, "Sooner rather than later. You got to see what (backup QB prospect) Jordan Love can do."

Rodgers' four-year contract extension, signed last March, at the moment looks like a possible mistake. A deal that made him the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL (at the time) was supposed to bring long-term stability back to the franchise after months of uncertainty regarding Rodgers' future.

Instead, with the Packers three games under 500 and on a five-game losing streak, things are bad and could get worse.

Looking at the Packers' next three opponents, the Cowboys, the Titans, and the Eagles, Jennings declared, "if they lose two out of these three games, which they could likely lose all three, it is done."

'FINISH HIM!' Could Dallas Cowboys Win at Packers Mean Benching QB Aaron Rodgers? - FanNation Dallas Cowboys News, Analysis and More
He signed a 3 year, 150M contract before this season. Why would they bench him?

If they cut him after this season, the dead money is 99.8M...

pansophy

Reaction score
Rogers is 38 years old. The mistake Green Bay made was thinking that they had Tom Brady 2.0. Tom Brady is meticulous about his diet, health and conditioning. Age catches up with everyone. Football is not kind to those in their 30s…signing him to that extension was just a very bad decision.
The mistake was thinking Rodgers can win games without players around him. All the indications are that WRs still aren’t even running the right routes too much of the time. What can he do with that.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
The mistake was thinking Rodgers can win games without players around him. All the indications are that WRs still aren’t even running the right routes too much of the time. What can he do with that.
Even Superman needs a supporting cast. Maybe Rodgers of 10 years ago could lift the entire offense, but not so much now.

conner01

Reaction score
I doubt we see AR benched unless injured. a 50mil hof starter, most likely would only when 100% mathematically eliminated. with advent of the 17th game and extra WC, and weak NFC, they aren't out of it.
He’s not getting benched
They can’t move on from Rodgers because he still has so much guaranteed money
They might, like you mentioned, use love a few games late in the season to get him reps. But that would be just to pray he plays goid and you can get something for him. Love is never gonna be the starter in GB because he’s a FA before Rodgers is able to be moved on from

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not getting benched
They can’t move on from Rodgers because he still has so much guaranteed money
They might, like you mentioned, use love a few games late in the season to get him reps. But that would be just to pray he plays goid and you can get something for him. Love is never gonna be the starter in GB because he’s a FA before Rodgers is able to be moved on from
If Love get an opportunity due to injury issues with Rodgers, the Packers best hope would be that he looks great which would allow them to trade him after.the season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I want to see this D get after him all day and take shot after shot on him. I want him to feel every bit of pain. Haven’t been able to stand the guy since his days at Cal when he *****ed and moaned non stop bout the rose bowl before texas tech went in dry on him.

We better make sure those shots are legal or flags will be flying all day. We can’t afford a penalty fest on Sunday.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We benching him at halftime. We as in the dallas defense will completely demoralize the douchbag and i wouldn't be surprised if he retires or comes down with an injury so Love can finish the game.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Dude I dropped out of high school at 6 years old. You're going to have to dumb that down for me.
:muttley:

That’s BS that it takes THAT MUCH to drop a gif, pic or meme here. Might as well be constructing a nuclear reactor. Plenty of site you just copy it and drop it.

Brother Oz, we went on vacation to Mexico when I was 11 and I got lost in a Sinaloa jungle and wasn't found until I was 23. Half the jungle was gone by the time they found me. So trust me, I killed a lot of brain cells too. Lol

I probably should've arranged those instructions better because after re-reading it it does seems confusing. It's really not that hard once you figure it out. Trust me, the explanation of how it's done is a lot harder than actually doing it. Come to think of it, if you don't have a mouse that right clicks, or maybe on a phone or a laptop, it might be more difficult. I use my computer so it's rather easy.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Didn’t Rogers throw 3 int in the red zone against detroit? Anyways that’s Green Bays problem. They made a 38 year old quarterback the highest paid. Tampa did not even mark a 7 time Super Bowl champion quarterback the highest paid…

Vanilla2

Reaction score
For that to happen it would have to be the mirror image of the game that got wade fired.

conner01

Reaction score
If Love get an opportunity due to injury issues with Rodgers, the Packers best hope would be that he looks great which would allow them to trade him after.the season.
That is the perfect scenario for them
They paid a high price to get him and haven’t got the player to replace Rodgers so the extended Rodgers
Now they are stuck with Rodgers and without playing Love has little trade value
That’s why a team has to look well down the road
The move to get Love, in hindsight was a mistake
All they can do now I’d try to recoup something

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is the perfect scenario for them
They paid a high price to get him and haven’t got the player to replace Rodgers so the extended Rodgers
Now they are stuck with Rodgers and without playing Love has little trade value
That’s why a team has to look well down the road
The move to get Love, in hindsight was a mistake
All they can do now I’d try to recoup something

It was worth the risk to draft a QB late 1st in 2020.

The upside of avoiding a new contract for Rodgers made it a good risk/reward scenario. If Love had been ready after 2 years on the bench then imagine what they could have done with the 50M per year they ended up paying Rodgers.

If Love had been ready after 1 year on the bench, they could have traded Rodgers.