Video: Could Dak be a 2021 FA by Atlanta?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You couldn’t be more wrong. LMAO he has the best percentage of any quarterback Against winning teams. Again do you homework before you open your mouth. Unless you’re saying every quarterback that played this game sucks
How a quarterback wins might be just as important as how many wins the quarterback has. During the 2019 season, Prescott feasted on inferior teams and struggled against stronger competition.

Against teams with winning records, Prescott had two wins in eight games. Against teams with 0.500 or worse records, Prescott had six wins in eight games.

So you would hope your franchise quarterback has at least a 0.500 record against teams with winning records. For his career, Prescott has a 0.433 winning percentage.

Brady, Lamar Jackson, and Jimmy Garoppolo have winning percentages higher than 0.680 against teams with winning records since Prescott entered the NFL. Marcus Mariota, Ben Roethlisberger and Alex Smith are the only other quarterbacks from the fourteen franchises with records of 0.500 or better against winning teams.

Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, and Patrick Mahomes, while under 0.500, have better records than Prescott. Prescott sits in the eleventh place for winning percentage against winning teams.

Prescott’s record against teams with 0.500 records or worse is relatively better. His 0.794 winning percentage places him ninth on the list, two slots higher than his record against winning teams.

His overall winning percentage is good for tenth in the past four years. This paints a much different picture when considering Prescott’s winning effectiveness. He has won a lot of games but he barely wins games at a rate to place in the top ten.

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/04/06/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-not-franchise-quarterback/2/

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I believe the confidence that’s coming from Dak’s side about holding strong to their desired number could mean that he is getting real interest from other NFL teams if he leaves Dallas. One team that could be potential landing spot is Atlanta Falcons that is loaded with talent but Ryan always seems to choke and come up short in big moments.
The only way any real interest from other teams could be known by Dak is if there were collusion going on. Dak has been tagged with the exclusive rights tag. At no time was it ever okay for any team to talk to Dak about playing anywhere else. Are you saying Atlanta needs to be investigated?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
The only way any real interest from other teams could be known by Dak is if there were collusion going on. Dak has been tagged with the exclusive rights tag. At no time was it ever okay for any team to talk to Dak about playing anywhere else. Are you saying Atlanta needs to be investigated?

No, i'm saying Dak knows how to play the game good as Jerry. Dak will get what he wants either here or Somewhere else. Dak has no problem signing the tag and collecting 60 million+ in 2 years.

jnday

Reaction score
No, i'm saying Dak knows how to play the game good as Jerry. Dak will get what he wants either here or Somewhere else. Dak has no problem signing the tag and collecting 60 million+ in 2 years.
It sure seems like he has a problem with being tagged from the interviews I have watched.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is no "somewhere else". But don't bury the lead story you uncovered... Atlanta should be investigated for collusion.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I believe the confidence that’s coming from Dak’s side about holding strong to their desired number could mean that he is getting real interest from other NFL teams if he leaves Dallas. One team that could be potential landing spot is Atlanta Falcons that is loaded with talent but Ryan always seems to choke and come up short in big moments.

What you just said about Ryan is what the Prescott haters say about him. Second even if the falcons feel the same way you think of Ryan they can't afford to release him with all the dead money it would add on their cap. Now if you say the falcons could just trade him then and if what you think is true teams aren't going to trade for that kind of QB with cap hits of 40.9 mil in 2021 and 41.6 mil in 2022. In other words it's time to wake up dream time is over and stop listening to those that publicize their dreams.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It sure seems like he has a problem with being tagged from the interviews I have watched.

I won't talk in money terms that none of us can appreciate like what professional athletes make but most people if given a choice of accepting less money or more money would prefer the more money. So when or if Prescott fails to show up for any mandatory function, why people here get so up tight about whether Prescott signs the tag or a long term contract is beyond me.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
When he gets a ring I hope you kiss it

At my age, Dak and I will retire from our respective careers about the same time, another 10-15 years. At that point, I will have won as many SB rings as the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys as Dak has. So there will not be any ring to kiss.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At my age, Dak and I will retire from our respective careers about the same time, another 10-15 years. At that point, I will have won as many SB rings as the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys as Dak has. So there will not be any ring to kiss.
Well I can’t hope you’re definitely wrong. Because he’s going to be a quarterback for the next 15 years

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No, but I would love it. Heck, why wait till 2021. Just go full on stupid Atlanta and offer us a can't walk away from deal and sacrifice your cap now! Lets do this!

Wood

Reaction score

sure whats Atl giving Dallas because they won't just let him walk for lousy 3rd round compensatory pick.

Wood

Reaction score
Dak can't go anywhere unless the Cowboys allow him to go..this year and next year

Agreed. Dallas can holds his rights for this year and next even if Dak refuses to sign anything. Dallas also gets all of his cap hit back for every game he holds out.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Agreed. Dallas can holds his rights for this year and next even if Dak refuses to sign anything. Dallas also gets all of his cap hit back for every game he holds out.

Who said he would hold out, he could just get “injured” halfway and collect his check.

And do it next year if they dare to franchise him again. I can sit on the bench for 60 million.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He will but I can only hope not for the Cowboys
You have no idea what we have obviously. We had 15 different starting quarterbacks after Troy Aikman. I don’t wanna go through that again. Prescott is a winner make no mistake about that. Go Cowboys

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
You have no idea what we have obviously. We had 15 different starting quarterbacks after Troy Aikman. I don’t wanna go through that again. Prescott is a winner make no mistake about that. Go Cowboys

As long as we can play against bad teams. Chokes against good ones, so.. I thought we had something after his rookie year but he has steadily regressed against the better teams since then. He is something like 7-17 since his rookie year. So was the 1st year the real Dak or the last 3? Add that to my believe he is a terrible fit for the coach is going to want to do and it doesn't look good. Maybe they will make it so he doesn't have to read a D or throw with anticipation. Go to a 1 read scheme and either throw it or run. Watching Dak trying to hit a moving target - which is the staple of a WC offense- has been very painful over the years. Hopefully he gets it but i am not holding my breath.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As long as we can play against bad teams. Chokes against good ones, so.. I thought we had something after his rookie year but he has steadily regressed against the better teams since then. He is something like 7-17 since his rookie year. So was the 1st year the real Dak or the last 3? Add that to my believe he is a terrible fit for the coach is going to want to do and it doesn't look good. Maybe they will make it so he doesn't have to read a D or throw with anticipation. Go to a 1 read scheme and either throw it or run. Watching Dak trying to hit a moving target - which is the staple of a WC offense- has been very painful over the years. Hopefully he gets it but i am not holding my breath.
If only you had a clue.How many teams you think you play with the winning record halfway through the season. Did you actually realize how many teams we Beat so they don’t have a winning record. This is such a ridiculous stat.