Could DeMarcus Ware have 5 sacks by Monday?

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
He got 2 against the Giants on Wednesday.

Will he get 3 against a bad Seattle Seahawks offensive line?

I'd love to watch DeMarcus Ware break the sack record AND get a ring in the same season.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Sure. It's very possible. Seattle's tackles aren't much to write home about, but, as usual, Ware will be double teamed, so it could be Hatcher that has the big day.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Giants have a bad Oline also, eli is not as moblie as wilson so if he gets 3 its all DWare being DWare.......plus he seems to player better against better competition

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
sureletsrace;4724633 said:

I'd love to watch DeMarcus Ware break the sack record AND get a ring in the same season.

The Hawks young qb has a little faster wheels then Eli had.

Reaction score
It's very much in the realm of possibility. He's going up against a very banged up Seattle offensive line and the man is simply relentless. I predict he'll have three sacks on Sunday and the Cowboys win of course. :D

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect Seattle to devote a lot of help to their pass protection. I'd be surprised if he gets a lot of sacks, but of course their offense will be limited by keeping in guys to block him.

erod

Reaction score
Who cares. I don't get the fascination with stat totals. They mean so little in the end.

I would rather he had no sacks and consistent pressure than 3 sacks and otherwise be invisible. That's been the picky knock on Ware.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
If D Ware gets 3 sacks against the Seahawks, then it would be fastest to 5 sacks in his career. Last year after 2 games, he had 4 sacks.

Reaction score
erod;4724695 said:
Who cares. I don't get the fascination with stat totals. They mean so little in the end.

I would rather he had no sacks and consistent pressure than 3 sacks and otherwise be invisible. That's been the picky knock on Ware.

And it's a ridiculous knock. DeMarcus Ware has a HUGE impact on the game on a week in week out basis. Sure he may not always get sacks, but he's consistently getting pressure. There's a reason he was the second fastest player in NFL history to get over 100 sacks behind only the late great Reggie White.

Teams always have to double/triple team and he still gets pressure. Anyone who knows football knows DeMarcus Ware is a great, great football player. One of the best in the league if not the best. He can do it all. Get you 15-20 sacks a season, but he can also stop the run with the best of them and even drop back in coverage and get the job done.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
sureletsrace;4724633 said:

I said before the year that I absolutely believed that Ware would break the record this season.

I think it's entirely possibly that he has at least 4 by Monday and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he's got 5 or 6.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I just saw on ESPN Dallas that Ware sat out practice with a soar hamstring. Any word on this?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Doomsday;4724787 said:
I just saw on ESPN Dallas that Ware sat out practice with a soar hamstring. Any word on this?

His hamstring flew away? :eek:

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
erod;4724695 said:

Yeah, if you're a nimrod.

DeMarcus Ware: the only player in NFL history who was the 2nd fastest to 100 sacks all the while being "invisible."

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Doomsday;4724787 said:

He said it's nothing to be concerned with.

DeMarcus Ware has a message: Have no fear.

He promises to be at his Sunday best, calling his limited participation in practice "precautionary."
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...mstring-injury-is-nothing-to-worry-about.html

ringmaster

Reaction score
Doomsday;4724787 said:
I know one thing that hammy problem sure didn't stop him from having an impact in last week's game against the Giants.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dodger;4724682 said:
Sure. It's very possible. Seattle's tackles aren't much to write home about, but, as usual, Ware will be double teamed, so it could be Hatcher that has the big day.

Sounds like the same circumstance that has allowed Ware to get to 100 the 2nd fastest in history.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Why stop at 5? Ware could have 6, 7 or 8 after the Seattle game. Or he could have 2. I just want the win, Ware will get his double digit sacks like he does every year.