Could Derwin James fall to our pick?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm really surprised by the lack of hype on this player. MAybe it's too early but a lot of mocks and top100 rankings don't have him in the top 15. I'm very surprised by this.

IMO he has more upside then Fitzpatrick and is a true ballhawk. This would be a huge upgrade in our secondary is he somehow slides to pick 19.

I have him easily as a top 10 player.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Hoping but I highly doubt it. With that be said if Nelson some how gets to our pick (won't happen either) than I would pick him above all else. It might be an over kill but our OL would be solidify for the next 5 years at least.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He seems to be experiencing a Landon Collins type drop in perceived value.

I do think it's possible he slips to 19 coming off an injury and a lackluster year. Of course, if shows up to the Combine and performs well, I think teams will look at his 2015 film again and see the dominant player.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Not.

Enough.

Interceptions.
jalen-ramsey.jpg

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
He’s a blue chip talent, IMO. I hope he continues to not get the recognition he deserves that way we’ll have a realistic shot at drafting him. Even if we have to trade up, he’s well worth the extra 4th or so round pick it would take to go up and get him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hoping but I highly doubt it. With that be said if Nelson some how gets to our pick (won't happen either) than I would pick him above all else. It might be an over kill but our OL would be solidify for the next 5 years at least.

I like the way you think.

Jerry would probably view it as overkill but Offensive Line is was makes us go.

I doubt very seriously though that the best offensive linemen in the draft makes it to us.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like the way you think.

Jerry would probably view it as overkill but Offensive Line is was makes us go.

I doubt very seriously though that the best offensive linemen in the draft makes it to us.
I doubt it too but if he does to me it is a no brainer. He is probably the safest pick out of all the prospects. James would be nice too along with Roquan Smith but I highly doubt that any get to our pick.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let him fall let him fall let him fall...right into our ever loving and needy laps lol

BermyStar

Reaction score
I would sprint the card to the podium without giving it any second thought.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Interceptions are nice but how many of you think Terrell Buckley was a great player? He got routinely burnt more than a cross in Alabama in the 1950s. He gambled a lot. Deion Sanders is generational and rare as in Bo Jackson is the only player in his realm as a player. Same with guys like Ed Reed, they come along ever so often.

Darwin can come in the box play nicklebacker with Lee. He solves our safety problems and makes Byron expendable. If he is there you take him. He is a dog. We lack players with that dog mentality.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'm really surprised by the lack of hype on this player.
He had a very poor final season based on what was expected from him. The hype was sky high after his freshman year, then he played this year and fell a little short of all-world. He did get used kind of funny by the Seminoles staff in his defense.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Interceptions are nice but how many of you think Terrell Buckley was a great player? He got routinely burnt more than a cross in Alabama in the 1950s. He gambled a lot. Deion Sanders is generational and rare as in Bo Jackson is the only player in his realm as a player. Same with guys like Ed Reed, they come along ever so often.

Darwin can come in the box play nicklebacker with Lee. He solves our safety problems and makes Byron expendable. If he is there you take him. He is a dog. We lack players with that dog mentality.

FWIW, the interceptions comment is a sarcastic commentary from last year when some around here claimed Ramsey would never be a good NFL CB because he didn’t have enough interceptions in college.

Johnny23

Reaction score
FWIW, the interceptions comment is a sarcastic commentary from last year when some around here claimed Ramsey would never be a good NFL CB because he didn’t have enough interceptions in college.
Oh okay. I see that and it makes me want to pull my hair out.