News: Could Dolphins remove transition tag on DE Olivien Vernon?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Could Dolphins remove transition tag on DE Olivienr Vernon?
Charles Robinson
Yahoo Sports
March 8, 2016

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/could...ition-tag-on-de-olivier-vernon-031235627.html

It's believed that the Miami Dolphins will remove the transition tag from top free-agent defensive end Olivier Vernon, opening the door for him to potentially depart via free agency, three league sources told Yahoo Sports.

For two days, the possibility of Miami rescinding the tag has been a subject of investigation among NFL teams in the market for an edge rusher, particularly after the Dolphins moved aggressively to sign free-agent defensive end Mario Williams. If Miami secured Williams and reached the framework for a contract extension with defensive end Cameron Wake, it would cement a decision to remove the tag from Vernon, one NFL source told Yahoo Sports on Monday. Williams reached terms on a two-year deal with the Dolphins on Tuesday. Wake still has one year left on his current deal, but a league source said Miami has been in talks about extending his contract.

The source said a significant impasse on a Wake extension could be a factor that halts the removal of the tag.

John813

Reaction score
Imo he's a player who currently is not worth more than 12 on the market.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Imo he's a player who currently is not worth more than 12 on the market.

I would say 10 is his max, 7.5 sks last year, 6.5 the year before. You have to go back 3 years for his only double digit sack year.

John813

Reaction score
I would say 10 is his max, 7.5 sks last year, 6.5 the year before. You have to go back 3 years for his only double digit sack year.

I agree. Put 12 cause that was his transition tag number. I will say watching him, he's a better pass rusher than his sack number indicates. However, when you get paid that type of coin, you better be getting double digit sack numbers every year

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a beast as far as I'm concerned.