Could Jadeveon Clowney sign a 1 year deal with Dallas?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't like clowneys injury history, and I also don't trust DLAW. I understand that he was double teamed, but surely half way through the season teams adjusted that because of Quinn wreaking havoc right? I'd love to trade DLaw to the jags and work out a long-term deal for Ngakoue who doesn't run his mouth and is not happy in Jacksonville.
He had one of the highest double team rates in the NFL. And even with that he had a very good pass rush win rate. Statistically he had a very good season as a pass rusher. He just didnt finish with many sacks.

Dwight Freeney had several similar seasons throughout his career

Portnoy1

Reaction score
DLaw is pretty much untradrable right now. You will eat way too much dead cap
Its frustrating but I don't blame the cowboys on this one. He balled out his last season under contract, then did it again under a tag. No one seen this season coming from him. And the argument people make about Quinn benefiting is non sense because you know teams started to account for him at least half way through the season cause of his high productivity. Yet DLAWs stats didn't improve.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its frustrating but I don't blame the cowboys on this one. He balled out his last season under contract, then did it again under a tag. No one seen this season coming from him. And the argument people make about Quinn benefiting is non sense because you know teams started to account for him at least half way through the season cause of his high productivity. Yet DLAWs stats didn't improve.
Lawrence was still double teamed at a high level. It didnt drop off

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Lawrence was still double teamed at a high level. I didnt drop off
I haven't seen any statistics, so I'll trust your judgement. But I still find it odd that teams would double DLAW deep into the season and just hope for the best on the other side against Quinn who I am sure also had a high win rate. Honestly I'm fine losing Quinn, but I'll have to keep an eye on DLAW. I do understand why they would double team him, but did they not double team him the previous two seasons as well with even less talent on the other side yet he overcame. I also don't like that his talking has increased. I've only seen ONCE where it worked and that was against the saints.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I haven't seen any statistics, so I'll trust your judgement. But I still find it odd that teams would double DLAW deep into the season and just hope for the best on the other side against Quinn who I am sure also had a high win rate. Honestly I'm fine losing Quinn, but I'll have to keep an eye on DLAW. I do understand why they would double team him, but did they not double team him the previous two seasons as well with even less talent on the other side yet he overcame. I also don't like that his talking has increased. I've only seen ONCE where it worked and that was against the saints.

I know, a bit of an eyesore. But this chart gives you both the double team rate, and win rate for edge rushers

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Quinn was actually equal to Lawrence in double team rate, and ahead in win rate. We had one of the effective edge pressue tandems in the NFL. Maybe the most effective

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol. In Maryland you cannot find toilet paper. People are crazy. What do you think of Anthony Weaver Boise State defensive end?

You have to come to Howard County or Southern Maryland

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Quinn was actually equal to Lawrence in double team rate, and ahead in win rate. We had one of the effective edge pressue tandems in the NFL. Maybe the most effective
So if that the case that is very disturbing because that means that we should have been destroying guys up the middle then....right?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So if that the case that is very disturbing because that means that we should have been destroying guys up the middle then....right?
Collins was #4 amongst DT's.

Pass rush really wasnt our issue defensively last year. In fact we had one of the best pass rushing units in the NFL

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Collins was #4 amongst DT's.

Pass rush really wasnt our issue defensively last year. In fact we had one of the best pass rushing units in the NFL
STRANGE!!!!! why was the defense so inconsistent? The talent was there it seems and some stats back that up, but........?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
STRANGE!!!!! why was the defense so inconsistent? The talent was there it seems and some stats back that up, but........?
Statistically speaking we were above the NFL average overall as a unit. 11th in both yardage and scoring. However we did have inconsistent and uneven play on the back end, and we really struggled to create TO's. On the field, the TO's are probably what did the team more than anything. TO production may have turned a couple of those close games we lost

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Could he sign a 1 yr deal with Dallas?

Look what Lawrence did for Quinn. Take a generous 12mil deal and go into FA next yr and cash in. Bet on yourself and prove your worth it. Quinn was a afterthought in Miami before the guy on the other side of Dallas' DL took all the attention and gave him new life on his career. He could do the same for Clowney IMO
That’s what I’m saying lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You have to come to Howard County or Southern Maryland
So you all are getting all the toilet paper. My daughter and her mother are driving me crazy. Thanks. I will go to Howard County.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Agree 100% Op on a 1-year prove-it deal.....but $12-13M is highest I'd. Frankly, it's the best route for him coz it's pretty obvious the market is telling him he's not getting anything to $20M.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...fl-free-agents-of-2020-who-will-sign-jameis-w

Jadeveon Clowney

Edge

Clowney's production doesn't always match the hype, but he can still hijack an offense at peak moments -- often in the biggest games. Don't let the three-sack total fool you: He was a difference-maker in his Seattle debut, as the pass rush tended to vanish for quarters at a time whenever he missed stretches due to nagging injuries.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't like clowneys injury history, and I also don't trust DLAW. I understand that he was double teamed, but surely half way through the season teams adjusted that because of Quinn wreaking havoc right? I'd love to trade DLaw to the jags and work out a long-term deal for Ngakoue who doesn't run his mouth and is not happy in Jacksonville.

Which is why Clowney on a 1 year deal makes sense. It's a chance for him to prove his worth. If he balls out, then great. If not, no major hit. And, if he leaves after the ball out year, blimey that's going to be a nice comp pick.