Could Jarvis Moss be the next Jason Taylor?

hendog

Reaction score
I just don't know that much about him. Could he be an OLB in the 3-4. Will be interesting to see what he runs at the combine.

The Realist

Reaction score
Could be the next Quincy.

He may enjoy getting his smoke on a little too much.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Moss better either get drafted to a 3-4 team and become a linebacker, or get drafted by the Colts. Because he wont be anything special in the standard 4-3. He'll be good, but he could be come a standout player in the 3-4, kind of like Ware. (I havent seen enough on him yet to really compare the two however)

mmohican29

Reaction score
Ummm I would argue that Ware is a standout player in any system, for any coach. He played one full game as a 4-3 DE and tallied 3.5 sacks in one half before the Lions started giving help to his side, and he still applied pressure and ran Kitna down from behind on attempted scrambles.

Ware's a terrific ballplayer. Moss I don't know much about sorry.

dstew60105

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1309953 said:
Moss better either get drafted to a 3-4 team and become a linebacker, or get drafted by the Colts. Because he wont be anything special in the standard 4-3. He'll be good, but he could be come a standout player in the 3-4, kind of like Ware. (I havent seen enough on him yet to really compare the two however)

Moss is 6'5" and currently weighs 260 lbs. He will be a very good DE prospect. Once he is timed at the combines he will move up to the top half of the first round. He last ran a 4.48 40 this past summer. Moss could be a star.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
dstew60105;1310015 said:
Moss is 6'5" and currently weighs 260 lbs. He will be a very good DE prospect. Once he is timed at the combines he will move up to the top half of the first round. He last ran a 4.48 40 this past summer. Moss could be a star.

I watched him play against S.Carolina this year and he blocked 2 field goals and 1 P.A.T. His vertical jump is unreal!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I just saw a mock draft where he was picked just ahead of Dallas by the NE Patrioits......the caption said, Pats do it again, find their type of guy to play OLB/DE in their defense

same mock had us drafting DT Amobi Okoye...I like Okoye....He is young, big, athletic, very intelligent, hard working, and from what I have read a very good character guy.

I hate that the Pats have 2 first rounders....I wish we did....cause I would certainly love to get Okoye and possibly Moss.....

I have only seen Moss one time, but he looked like Charles Haley when I saw him (and he wore 94 to boot)..........in the BCS title game. He owned the tOSU OL...He lived in the backfield all game long.

If we can get DT Terdell Sands in FA...I would want to go after Moss in the first round.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He's listed on the U of F Web site at 6'6" 251 pounds. Ware is 6'4" and 257 pounds. As long as he's not painfully slow or dim witted I don't see why he can't play 3-4 OLB. The one thing I do look for in pass rushers is long arms. If you've got them (and Ware does) you usually succeed. If you don't have long arms, then it's a real gamble.

YAKUZA

dpryor

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you guys know this, but Jarvis Moss is local boy that played for the Denton Ryan High School. He helped Ryan win two 4A state championships.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Biggems;1310062 said:
I just saw a mock draft where he was picked just ahead of Dallas by the NE Patrioits......the caption said, Pats do it again, find their type of guy to play OLB/DE in their defense

same mock had us drafting DT Amobi Okoye...I like Okoye....He is young, big, athletic, very intelligent, hard working, and from what I have read a very good character guy.

I hate that the Pats have 2 first rounders....I wish we did....cause I would certainly love to get Okoye and possibly Moss.....

I have only seen Moss one time, but he looked like Charles Haley when I saw him (and he wore 94 to boot)..........in the BCS title game. He owned the tOSU OL...He lived in the backfield all game long.

If we can get DT Terdell Sands in FA...I would want to go after Moss in the first round.

What mock site was that?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
****** i knew u would ask me that...i forgot the site...i will have to go find it.....

hailredskins.com and fantasy football toolbox both have links to several other draft sites....ill try to find it...

Bobo

Reaction score
I don't doubt his pass rush ability (although I didn't see an elite rusher), but I think he may be weak against the run. The few times I paid attention to him, I saw him getting tossed around a little too much.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bobo;1313686 said:
I don't doubt his pass rush ability (although I didn't see an elite rusher), but I think he may be weak against the run. The few times I paid attention to him, I saw him getting tossed around a little too much.

he played DE right? well with us he would play OLB...and with teams focusing on Ware so much, it would leave Moss free to attack from the opposite side.