Could Jerry Jones resisist?

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Regardless of what he said about not taking a QB early, how many here would be sweating if Manzel was still available at our pick?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If Manziel is there at our pick, Jerry would be all over him, and I wouldn't blame him. We need a better back up than Orton. Might as well get our next backup and let him sit for a year or two. But if the need arises, put him in and let him grow on the job.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regardless of what he said about not taking a QB early, how many here would be sweating if Manzel was still available at our pick?
I would be worried because he would have big dollar signs in his eyes and would be breathing heavy with the thought of all the attention he would garner with that pick.

To be clear I do Not want that player on this team because he is the exact opposite of what we need.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I've been reading some articles that indicate Cleveland likes him and it wouldn't shock me if they picked him in the first round.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I would be worried because he would have big dollar signs in his eyes and would be breathing heavy with the thought of all the attention he would garner with that pick.

To be clear I do Not want that player on this team because he is the exact opposite of what we need.

If Hageman is on the board, I'll be shouting at my TV for them to draft him.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score

Same reason why I would be worried, it would be more of a publicity driven decision than a football move.

rynochop

Reaction score
i just dont see his game translating..dude would get killed. He hops and jukes around too much when he.s in open field, just wont fly in the nfl..imo. it.ll definitely be fun to see what he does though.
i do like that wr they have quite a bit

Nirvana

Reaction score
McShay of ESPN has him going at pick 4 of 1st round in his mock. 4 QBs in the first 5 picks....

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Big fat NO to Manziel and his backyard football style. Not to mention his 5'11 frame and average arm. He has bust written all over him imo.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score

And by the statement 'exact opposite' of what we need..what do you mean?

Frankly..

..hes the spitting image of what Romo was when he first arrived in the NFL

Except he's had a lot better pedigree.

As far as the money he would want..

..this franchise has had easy sledding with the QB position of not having to invest in a top draft position and go the cheap way.

In the meantime..every other team in our division has gone after a top QB and they have all benefited greatly..

..the Jints with Eli nd 2 SBs..

..the Skins with RG3..

the Iggles with Foles now..

..if we don't begin this process Before we absolutely have to..

..the only thing you will get is going to be another long nuclear winter like after Aikman went down.

Has this Franchise learned absolutely nothing in its history?

Manziel makes an enormous option if it appears.

I don't think we have a shot IMO at him..

But he reminds me of Drew Bree's..

and that isn't bad.

So I'm curious..who would you want and where would you take them and what if anything would you spend to do it?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If Hageman is on the board, I'll be shouting at my TV for them to draft him.
Seriously, shouting for Hageman?:) We had enough shouting for a DL last draft with Sharif Floyd to last a few years. Speaking of Floyd, he didn't do much, did he? Is Hageman a better prospect than Floyd?

Fredd

Reaction score
A good GM would be salivating at the prospect of the trade down if Manziel was there, because some team will be crazy enough to empty to kitty to get him...alas, our GM would think of dollar signs and ALL of the media attention that the team would receive from the second his name is announced until Manziel became the starter, however long that would take....the house of cards crumbles if they take Manziel

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Seriously, shouting for Hageman?:) We had enough shouting for a DL last draft with Sharif Floyd to last a few years. Speaking of Floyd, he didn't do much, did he? Is Hageman a better prospect than Floyd?

I didn't mean that literally. As far as comparison to Floyd. He's projected to go mid first round to late first round like Floyd. My assumption is the actual experts have them graded rather similar. Hageman has the height that'll make QB's seeing the middle of the field a challenge. He's explosive from the snap and gets a push consistently enough; something this team lacks.