Could Matt Eberflus be the ideal hire the team needs?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Marinelli is in the last year of his contract. Pretty sure he won't be extended.
I think he retires.
Would you be excited about Richard/Quinn running the defense? Both have had success with Seattle?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I want a defensive HC and let Moore run the offense if the new head coach desires. Defense still wins championships :thumbup:

I would rather have a coach be able to pick his staff, but I can completely see this happening. I can see both Moore and Kitna retained. It reminds me a lot of when Wade was hired.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you be excited about Richard/Quinn running the defense? Both have had success with Seattle?

Yes that would be fine can't be any worse.
I am not sold on Richard because of this season. I really thought they would be so much better.

However is he being held back because of Marinelli's out dated predictable system and schemes. Could very well be that.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would rather have a coach be able to pick his staff, but I can completely see this happening. I can see both Moore and Kitna retained. It reminds me a lot of when Wade was hired.

Yea, it is why I said ‘if the new HC desires’. It should be his choice but I have a feeling that Jerry wants to retain Moore. He might do better in his own offense without influence from Garrett.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tell me what the big deciding difference between Kris Richard vs Matt Eberflus

Eberflus exposed to their 4-3 alignment “ ? Didn’t Eberflus take the 4-3 scheme to the Colts ?

Yup same basic defensive philosophy

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He's already the Colts' DC. It would just be another team to adjust to and a lateral move at that. Jerry could always tempt him with a substantial raise in pay but would he do that and would it be enough to make him switch? Possibilities are there to be had! The offseason should prove fascinating! :)

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Marinelli is in the last year of his contract. Pretty sure he won't be extended.
I think he retires.

listening to the Jones and Garrett continuing to rave about Marinelli, i'm not sure of him retiring at all.
they could easily have him return even if's on a 1 year deal.
But he is among the leading coaches that needs to be replaced - we have to change how we play defense among the front line.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Tell me what the big deciding difference between Kris Richard vs Matt Eberflus

Eberflus exposed to their 4-3 alignment “ ? Didn’t Eberflus take the 4-3 scheme to the Colts ?
I'm fine with either Coach as long as Marinelli is long gone. Both run similar scheme's where Eberflus might run more of a hybrid type of 4-3 scheme. Remember last year, he used more size inside, after all that twisting/stunting was unsuccessful.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
No, the offensive staff needs to go for the most part.

Keep Kitna, and maybe Moore, though I am not sold on him yet. Depends if he is really handcuffed or not in play calling or game planning.
Nussmeir, not sure about, the TE's don't seem to be developing, though Jarwin looks very good, but I keep reading about his lack of blocking.

Ray Brown as RB's coach must go, I been saying that for years.

Colombo, OL, I would be ok with keeping also.
Lal with he WR's, maybe, but has he really helped, as the players have talent, none developed.

So maybe keep them, that would be ok I guess, except dump Brown.
I would clean house. Starting with the Jones family.

quickccc

Reaction score

That's a scenario I've brought up in this board earlier, should Richard could become the HC here, with Quinn coming over as DC.

But if Richard gets a new HC job elsewhere, either the Cowboys could immediately contact Quinn (who will likely be fired as HC of the ATL falcons) about the DC role.
... or Richard himself as new HC, will contact Quinn about being a DC on his new team.

So if Cowboys want to continue in that Seahawks style defense they've long wanted to mimic, they would have to work fast in acquiring Quinn.

Pants

Reaction score
Vegas Odds
Urban Meyer +300
Josh McDaniels +400
Lincoln Riley +500
Robert Saleh +500
Sean Payton +600
Jim Harbaugh +1200
Ken Norton Jr +1600
Kris Richard +1600

I would wet my Pants if Payton came here - and I have always liked Riley and the offense he has in the college ranks....if you could talk Richard into the DC job with Riley as HC and Moore as OC, then I think that we have something (IMO)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No need a guy who ca keep Jerry in the office.
Meyer or somebody with major cred

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I’m interested in Greg Roman he has done pretty good with two mobile QBs I view as less talented than Dak and he has also done good with running game we paid EE might as well get the most out of him.

dallas72

Reaction score
I would wet my Pants if Payton came here - and I have always liked Riley and the offense he has in the college ranks....if you could talk Richard into the DC job with Riley as HC and Moore as OC, then I think that we have something (IMO)
Why Richard? Hes done 0 since he got to Dallas..our 2ndary has actually gotten worse...Richard was great in Seattle..he has 3 pro bowl CB 3 HoF type CBs...I could coach that...hes overrated

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Gotta bring in an offensive guy...that's the direction the league is moving in.
so we thought last year with the Rams....take a look into 2019 and you wonder. Is it the QB or the guy coaching them..I think the QB can make any coach look really good

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Who is the most willing to sit idly by while Jerry flaps his gums?