Could Nevada quarterback Colin Kaepernick be a first round pick?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
SPT_p0402_02C3KAEPER.embedded.prod_affiliate.11.jpg

The morning after Colin Kaepernick finished one of the most productive careers for any college quarterback by winning a bowl game, he boarded a plane to Atlanta.

This was no vacation. The Nevada quarterback spent seven weeks rigorously training — and we're not talking sit-ups and biceps curls — for the NFL combine, with a side trip to Mobile, Ala., for the Senior Bowl worked in.

In that time, an interesting thing has happened to Kaepernick. He's gone from an intriguing prospect — a spread-option quarterback from an off-the-radar school, 6-foot-5 with a strong arm and good wheels who might be selected in the mid-to-late rounds — to a player who seems to have a legitimate shot to be picked in Round 1.

Read more: http://www.modbee.com/2011/04/02/1626274/scouts-see-kap-climbing.html#ixzz1IO9unuVs

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Kaepernick will be a first round pick. He has a very strong arm and he can run. I wouldn't be shocked if he went between picks 15 to 25. He will not be there when the 2nd round comes around.

arglebargle

Reaction score
I suspect he's going to be good in the NFL. Though it would be best for him to go to a team where he can sit for a year or two, absorb the system, and work on his mechanics. Of course, in the late 1st, that might be just what he gets.

I wonder if one of the 'top QB' teams with older starters might not snag him (ie, like the Pats or Colts).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
At one time there were 2 first round QBs. Now as I predicted due to the lockout are as many as 4 or 5 being considered. I will not be shocked if 6 go in round 1.

This helps us.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3896040 said:
At one time there were 2 first round QBs. Now as I predicted due to the lockout are as many as 4 or 5 being considered. I will not be shocked if 6 go in round 1.

This helps us.

;) Yep, helps push players down to us, :starspin

Gaede

Reaction score
I've been getting the feeling lately that if he isn't a first round pick, and somehow makes it to our second rounder, we'll take him