CFZ Could Princeton Fant be the Steal of UDFA?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He could replace McKeon if they keep 4 TE's. Otherwise a PS guy for now. However, they have seemed to like McKeon as well.

I liked the highlight video. But that is what they are, just highlights. How about everything else his speed, and measurable's as well. Blocking also.

I liked he played on the goal line and the 2nd effort for the TD was great.
He's also steady mentally, and has character.. So, that's a plus. Princeton Fant is also the cousin of Broncos TE, Noah Fant.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Fant isnt lining up at WR ever. He runs a 4.66 40. He might make the PS, but Luepke is a much better prospect and fit for us.
I would argue that Fant has faced better competition but his stats are not comparable with Luepke. I'm expecting Fant to have to make the team as a FB / Special Team guy. I wouldn't be surprised that once they put on the pads that Fant will be our FB going into the season. Should be fun to watch when we get to training camp.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
By the way, I just came across this video, which I think some of you may find interesting. This guy is saying what I'm saying. His versatility gives more insight into the fact that McCarthy is incorporating the WCO at Dallas. Should be a fun year to watch.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
By the way, I just came across this video, which I think some of you may find interesting. This guy is saying what I'm saying. His versatility gives more insight into the fact that McCarthy is incorporating the WCO at Dallas. Should be a fun year to watch.

Now go and look at Luepke.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Fant is very versatile, and the aspect of his game that will matter the most is his blocking. Blocking will decide this position battle...McKeon is proven on the pro level, Fant looks as if his blocking will carry over to the higher level, but Louepke I haven't seen any plays with him blocking at all.

Fant: Blocking, Routes/Receiving, Running, STs?
McKeon: Blocking, Receiving, STs
Louepke: Running, Receiving, STs?

I think Fant is the most versatile of the 3, but it just depends on what McCarthy values more for the team at this H-Back position. I actually like all the players, and have no pet cats here so I can enjoy watching this battle.

sbark

Reaction score
If they keep him, I really hope he is used in the John Kuhn / Aaron Ripkowski mold in McCarthy’s offense
Those.....and John Riggens....the Diesel
He is actually more of a RB than anything.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Fant is very versatile, and the aspect of his game that will matter the most is his blocking. Blocking will decide this position battle...McKeon is proven on the pro level, Fant looks as if his blocking will carry over to the higher level, but Louepke I haven't seen any plays with him blocking at all.

Fant: Blocking, Routes/Receiving, Running, STs?
McKeon: Blocking, Receiving, STs
Louepke: Running, Receiving, STs?

I think Fant is the most versatile of the 3, but it just depends on what McCarthy values more for the team at this H-Back position. I actually like all the players, and have no pet cats here so I can enjoy watching this battle.
They picked up Fant based on his overall athleticism. The actual production just wasn't there except for the short yardage oppurtunities. He's a lottery ticket pickup but odds are he's going to need more time to develop on the practice squad. Luepke just has more overall developed tools. He does need to be able to show he can block but there is just more already there to work with. Which is why he's already working in with the first team as a FB.

Mr_437

Reaction score
They picked up Fant based on his overall athleticism. The actual production just wasn't there except for the short yardage oppurtunities. He's a lottery ticket pickup but odds are he's going to need more time to develop on the practice squad. Luepke just has more overall developed tools. He does need to be able to show he can block but there is just more already there to work with. Which is why he's already working in with the first team as a FB.
A FB has to block first and foremost, so is that one of Hunter's overall more developed tools?

Fant played in the SEC, so personally I give him a chance vs another UDFA from a lower level of competition...it's not open n shut.

Luepke is a lottery ticket also, McKeon is proven the two rookies have to prove themselves.