Could the Bengals be targeting LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
http://communitypress.cincinnati.co...356/1196/LIFE02/DB-No-4-Need-may-move-Bengals

CINCINNATI -- Only six defensive backs been selected with the first four overall picks since the modern draft era began in 1967, none since 1998.

But with a cornerback rated by many to be the best athlete in this year's draft, that drought could end this year. For the Bengals, who have the fourth overall pick when the NFL Draft begins on April 28, a player like LSU's Patrick Peterson might be too good to pass up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Carson Palmer, Terrell Owens, Chad 85....all leaving the Bengals.

Jonathon Joseph & Leon Hall...staying.

CB over WR and/or QB? It would be monumentally stupid.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hostile;3883803 said:

B-E-N-G-A-L-S

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3883803 said:

Agreed, although suprising everyone and going d-line would be exciting for bengals fans, with Carlos Dunlap emerging adding another elite player on that d-line would create havok for a decade+. AJ Green should be that pick, though.

Jenky

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3883799 said:
Would be idiotic, they have the best CB tandem in the NFL IMO.

I'm not saying it will happen but....

The other thing intriguing about Peterson is that teams have talked about possibly moving him to safety, which could also be a scenario with the Bengals. Peterson bristled at the suggestion at first, but has been more receptive to it since the combine.

"I feel my best game is at cornerback," Peterson said. "If an NFL team needs me to play the safety position, I'm definitely more than willing to transition my game."

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Hostile;3883803 said:

Couldn't agree more.

Arizona is going pass rusher

The Browns have to go offense which is also QB or WR. They could get Jones at 9 if they act as our traditional trading partner and the Jerry - Holmgren relationship kicks in.

The 49er's would absolutely grab him.

I don't think Buffalo go's and gets him.

It's either Carolina or Denver and if they don't he will drop to the 6th spot like you've been suggesting all along.

I don't think Carolina wants to use the 1st overall pick on a corner. So Denver, than the 49er's, than us.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Jenky;3883817 said:
I'm not saying it will happen but....

The other thing intriguing about Peterson is that teams have talked about possibly moving him to safety, which could also be a scenario with the Bengals. Peterson bristled at the suggestion at first, but has been more receptive to it since the combine.

"I feel my best game is at cornerback," Peterson said. "If an NFL team needs me to play the safety position, I'm definitely more than willing to transition my game."
Would give them a ridiculous secondary if you have a FS that can cover like Peterson can on top of their insane CB tandem.