Could the Cowboys be Moving back into the 1st round?

RamziD

Reaction score
If he continues to fall, I would trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up and get Cameron Jordan. Don't know if he'll get past Tampa Bay, though. Games are won in the trenches, so getting Smith and Jordan would be a coup.

jjktkk

Reaction score
realtick;3927648 said:
That's my conclusion to.

It seems like all the talk about a group of players having the same grade may have been a charade. They must have had Tyron Smith as the clear #1 player on their board and didn't want to risk trading down and taking a lesser player.

If so, then they stuck to their convinctions and made the right choice.

Per Josh Ellis Twitter, "Dallas was desperately trying to trade out of the #9 pick".

http://twitter.com/#!/DCStarJEllis

burmafrd

Reaction score
They were not getting any calls nor were they making any calls. I think they were happy to sit and take their guy.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
realtick;3927696 said:
DCStarJEllis Josh Ellis

They wanted desperately to make a trade. Just couldn't get anyone to pay enough.

Sometimes things just work out the way they're supposed to, instead of the way you want them to.

I think we'll be happy with the pick we made.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
burmafrd;3927707 said:
They were not getting any calls nor were they making any calls. I think they were happy to sit and take their guy.

Yup. Sounds like Ellis just made an assumption based on what he thought he saw in the war room. Didn't seem like they were stressin not getting a deal done at all. They seemed genuinely happy when we selected Smith.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
dstew60105;3927729 said:
Could we trade up for Cam Jordan?

I'd stay put at this point. We will have a quality OL or DL fall to us. If we want to go DB, there will be a quality guy there for us too. Maybe Moore?

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3927714 said:
Yup. Sounds like Ellis just made an assumption based on what he thought he saw in the war room. Didn't seem like they were stressin not getting a deal done at all. They seemed genuinely happy when we selected Smith.

Actually, I think you're making the assumption. I'm sure he's able to talk to some of the personel either there or has information relayed to him. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that he has more access than a fan. Around the last three minutes, I'm not sure if Stephen received a call or made one, but it was before they were on the phone with Tyron. Just a guess.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3927750 said:
I'd stay put at this point. We will have a quality OL or DL fall to us. If we want to go DB, there will be a quality guy there for us too. Maybe Moore?

I could see Rahim Moore being there. I have a strong suspecion that they will look at Watkins there if he's available.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
realtick;3927764 said:
I could see Rahim Moore being there. I have a strong suspecion that they will look at Watkins there if he's available.

Yea, i just don't know about Watkins. I have a feeling he'll be there if we want him in the 2nd, but he'll be 27 soon. He's supposed to be in the prime of his NFL career by that age.

jchap

Reaction score
trade up with 40 and 71 to get cam jordan at 25 the points line up

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3927785 said:
Yea, i just don't know about Watkins. I have a feeling he'll be there if we want him in the 2nd, but he'll be 27 soon. He's supposed to be in the prime of his NFL career by that age.

Lol, looks like Rahim Moore now. Watkins goes to Philly at #23. I wouldn't mind Moore.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Cam Jordan must have been caught snortin' coke at the draft table today because I have no idea how he's dropped this far.

Great kid, great football player, great background...

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
realtick;3927836 said:
Cam Jordan must have been caught snortin' coke at the draft table today because I have no idea how he's dropped this far.

Great kid, great football player, great background...

:lmao: