Could the next Troy to lead the Cowboys to the SB be Smith?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
He might be the next Vince young, but is that a good thing?
I don't think so. Young is run first, pass second. Smith is pass first, run second. Smith has a better head on his shoulders.

Silverstar

Reaction score
To answer your question....NO.

Not in big D, Jerry has the final say on who's the starting QB in Dallas. He already experimented with a "running" type of QB when Carter was here.

Backup possibly...starter no way.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Silverstar said:

Not in big D, Jerry has the final say on who's the starting QB in Dallas. He already experimented with a "running" type of QB when Carter was here.

and who are you again?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Cogan said:
To all of those doubters in Jan. who mocked me when I said that Troy Smith will win the Heisman in 2006, I say, Brady who? How 'bout them Buckeyes?!
Troy Smith proved once again that he is pure money when it comes to big games. He has all the tools to be a great QB in the NFL:
  • Strong arm.
  • Mobility.
  • Intelligence.
  • Studies his opponent.
  • Good leader.
  • Can make all the throws.
After all is said & done, it was Troy Smith who was the difference in last night's OSU-Texas game. Well, him & his offensive line, which even I was surprised didn't give up one sack to what I thought was a formidable Texas defensive line.

I would love to see the Cowboys do whatever it takes to trade up & pick Troy Smith as their QB of the future next year. He will give them the dimension of mobility without the off-field problems of a Quincy Carter. He has learned his lesson about being a resposible citizen, and you can give the credit for that to Jim Tressel, who never gave up on a young man he knew could take him to the promised land, if he ever got his act together.

Well, Cowboys fans, his act looked very good last night against a pretty good Longhorns team. Troy in '07!

i slept through most of the game. a quart of tylenol cold/flu medicine and staying up till 5am the night before will do that to you. but what impressed me the most was his after game commentary. very polished, very articulate person.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I'd much rather have that world class sprinter at WR that makes him look so good. Or any of those O-Linemen that give him all day to pick apart sup-par collegiate secondaries. Meh.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt said:
Thou shalt not speaketh any name other than The Tony Romo.

well, this explains the henson venom, i suppose.

romo is doing well and as a cowboys fan, i love that. but i don't feel the need *some* do to trash other cowboys (today or former) just because i've got some romo-boner running around.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
iceberg said:
well, this explains the henson venom, i suppose.

romo is doing well and as a cowboys fan, i love that. but i don't feel the need *some* do to trash other cowboys (today or former) just because i've got some romo-boner running around.
Troy Hambrick sucked. Something tells me you won't have much of a problem with me saying that. Take your blinders off.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt said:
Troy Hambrick sucked. Something tells me you won't have much of a problem with me saying that. Take your blinders off.

blinders? who's the one lobbing out a romo-agenda at every turn and bashing any THOUGHTS of someone else?

ain't me dude.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
iceberg said:
blinders? who's the one lobbing out a romo-agenda at every turn and bashing any THOUGHTS of someone else?

ain't me dude.
Henson was cut. He's not an NFL QB. Get over it.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt said:
Henson was cut. He's not an NFL QB. Get over it.

i'm over it dude - i just don't see the need to bash players who are no longer cowboys anymore than i feel the need to bash cowboys not MY choice. you seem to be the one who feels you must still shout out he sucks. i would ask you to tell me why, but nevermind.

kids to childlike things and i just have to deal with it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
iceberg said:
i'm over it dude - i just don't see the need to bash players who are no longer cowboys anymore than i feel the need to bash cowboys not MY choice. you seem to be the one who feels you must still shout out he sucks. i would ask you to tell me why, but nevermind.

kids to childlike things and i just have to deal with it.
I said he sucks, because he does. Look, if I had started a thread saying "Henson sucks" you may have a great point. Now if I reply in a thread about Henson in which Parcells basically says he doesn't have "it" to be a NFL QB, you don't. If someone starts a thread about Hambrick and I say, "Man that guy sucked" you won't reply with this kind of mess. You've apparently been hurt personally by him being cut. I'm sorry for that, but I just want what's best for the team. If that's childish, I don't want to grow up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt said:
I said he sucks, because he does. Look, if I had started a thread saying "Henson sucks" you may have a great point. Now if I reply in a thread about Henson in which Parcells basically says he doesn't have "it" to be a NFL QB, you don't. If someone starts a thread about Hambrick and I say, "Man that guy sucked" you won't reply with this kind of mess. You've apparently been hurt personally by him being cut. I'm sorry for that, but I just want what's best for the team. If that's childish, I don't want to grow up.

whatever dude. hate away.

Reaction score
Secondary2None3141 said:
How many Super Bowls did Flutie win?

Troy Smith is lucky to be 5'11".

You really should check your stats before opening your mouth. Troy Smith is 6'1", 210 lbs., & he sure looked good passing over & around those "massive" defensive linemen of Texas....haha.

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Wide open receivers and no pressure last night. Let's don't put him in the HOF yet.

His mobility was a big reason there was no pressure. Many times, he makes his own extra time out there with subtle movement. The point is that he put the ball right on the money to those "wide open receivers".

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
Right, the only pass that stands out from last night was when he had Ginn wide open in man coverage for an easy TD and he overthrew him. Thats 7 for Brady Quinn.

Yeah, just like last year against Ohio St. Brady was hitting WRs right & left. He also made so many plays on his own I lost count. That's why Notre Dame got their a**** kicked.....haha.

Reaction score
Silverstar said:

For one thing, Smith is not a "running" QB. Didn't you watch the game last night? How many times did he run out of trouble? Just enough to keep the chains moving. Troy has learned very well to throw first & run second. That is a potent combination, to have a QB with a rocket arm, but also has great athletic ability when things break down.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Cogan said:
For one thing, Smith is not a "running" QB. Didn't you watch the game last night? How many times did he run out of trouble? Just enough to keep the chains moving. Troy has learned very well to throw first & run second. That is a potent combination, to have a QB with a rocket arm, but also has great athletic ability when things break down.

Yes, I watched it.

Sorry, I just don't share your optimism for the guy.

peace

calico

Reaction score
I would not mind Troy Smith at all. He is a solid QB who is smart and does not throw many bad passes.

wxcpo

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
I like Smith also, but it is more than premature to give him the Heisman especially since he is not playing better than Quinn.

Only a ND homer would actually believe Quinn is playing as good as Troy Smith after 2 games. Did you see Quinn against GT? He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and finished with how many TDs? ZERO! Not saying Quinn is playing bad ball, but Smith is clearly the front runner for the heisman at this point and his closest competition happens to be his teammate Ted Ginn Jr.