Could this be a trap game??

Don Corleone

Reaction score
For the Steelers, I mean. They have a 9-3 record, and just had an emotional game against a team that has had their number this entire decade. They face the Baltimore Ravens, a divisional foe a week after facing Dallas.

I can see how they would put more importance on beating the Pats (done), and beating the Ravens (who could conceivably take the division) instead of dealing with a non-conference Dallas Cowboys team.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, I actually think it's a small help to us that the Steelers rolled New England yesterday and might be feeling a little too good about themselves. If they'd lost and they were cornered, or even had won a close one, I think they'd have been even more focused than they might be.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it is. But....

shawshank_181679t.jpg

Red: Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
LOL...point made BP. However, you know that this is how the mediots will spin it should we wind up winning the game. They will claim that Dallas only won because it was a trap game for the Steelers, and then our true test will come the following week against the Giants.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don Corleone;2456021 said:
LOL...point made BP. However, you know that this is how the mediots will spin it should we wind up winning the game. They will claim that Dallas only won because it was a trap game for the Steelers, and then our true test will come the following week against the Giants.

Well that is what they do. Just like they jump on the bandwagon of a team after a big win only to jump right off after a loss.

They are there to create drama and interest, whether that be positive or negative and the way thing go anymore it seems negative gets more press.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
It is NEVER a trap game when a team plays us. Unless we're 5-11 three straight seasons, everyone brings their A game against us.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2455999 said:
For the Steelers, I mean. They have a 9-3 record, and just had an emotional game against a team that has had their number this entire decade. They face the Baltimore Ravens, a divisional foe a week after facing Dallas.

I can see how they would put more importance on beating the Pats (done), and beating the Ravens (who could conceivably take the division) instead of dealing with a non-conference Dallas Cowboys team.
It's possible, but I think that Rams game was the ultimate trap game... Let's hope they've learned their lesson

The Panch

Reaction score
I think their performance was just as good for us. We've been cocky the past two years, but seeing Pittsburgh do what they did to New England should wake us up just in case we've been feeling ourselves too much for beating up on gaaabage teams.

Still would've liked to see some positive offense against that defense going into Sunday, but oh well.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2456080 said:
It is NEVER a trap game when a team plays us. Unless we're 5-11 three straight seasons, everyone brings their A game against us.

:hammer:

Add to that that these teams are historic rivals. I would never expect a Cowboys-Steelers to get anything less than everyone's full attention. But the Cowboys get everyone's full attention, especially recently.

Boysboy

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2456092 said:
It's possible, but I think that Rams game was the ultimate trap game... Let's hope they've learned their lesson

Actually-the OP was talking about if WE will be the STEELERS' trap game.

That's a good point-we're somewhat flying under the radar now, while Pitt is flying high with tons of media attention after thrashing NE in Foxboro.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2455999 said:

I think we beat the Steelers. I dont think they are that good.

On a side note: Giants fans up here in NY are "sweatin" the 2nd game vs us.

They dont want to have to beat us 3 times should we meet in playoffs. They are not wanting to win the 2nd game.

Source: straight from a few Giants fans....

My reply as they went on their way..... "dont be afraid..........." ;)

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Tomlin is not going to let that happen....i promise you that..

Reaction score
It's no trap for the Steelers...more like dinner! Those guys are just now getting it all together and healthy, they will be ready.
Who's the backup Quarterback for the Cowboys by the way....

Boysboy

Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2456166 said:
Tomlin is not going to let that happen....i promise you that..

Like he "didn't allow it" againt the lowly Cards, Broncos, and Jets last year?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2456255 said:
It's no trap for the Steelers...more like dinner! Those guys are just now getting it all together and healthy, they will be ready.

Welcome to the board!:)

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Nope, this is absolutely not a trap game for the Steelers.

The Steelers are all about the Defense and I gurantee you they are pumped to play a team that features Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, Tony Romo, Marion Barber, Jason Witten and that gigantic Offensive Line.

There are just too many elements to the Cowboys for the Steelers coaches to use as motivation.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2456255 said:

So who backs up Roethlisberger? I have a funny feeling he'll get a good dose of sacks on Sunday with that atrocious oline in Pittsburgh.